SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 05:12:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo V-83  (Read 4569 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: July 08, 2008, 06:24:47 pm »

I got a contact from a friend of mine who knows that I am into soda machines.  A guy he knows has a Vendo V-83.  Seller claims that it is a complete working machine in restorable condition.

I have not seen any pictures  so I don't know which version it is but the guy sounds like a straight shooter on the phone.

What is one of these worth in complete working condition?

Thanks for the input!

Tim
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 06:43:59 pm »

be careful they are hard to sell, Not a sought after machine ive bought them as little as $50.00 to $100.00 for nice complete machines.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 09:10:04 pm »

Joey is right! The only worthwhile Vendo parts on it, would be the bottle opener bezel! veryangry\
      Any multi-vend squaretop would be a better investment!

Glen
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 09:46:50 pm »

This was my first machine that got me into this hobby and how I found this site. I was give one in decent shape.... It only works with the small bottles and one flavor. I ended up parting it out. I cut the embossing out and am in the process of making a sign with it.. I didn't sell the cabinet, but heard its the same as a few others... Sold the drum, and a few other parts.....

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 09:59:11 pm »

Cabinet will interchange with a 110

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:54:22 am »

I bought a v-83 a few years ago and I like it. But as the others have said, it isn't a very popular machine. I paid a hundred dollars for it and never did anything with it.  I may eventually use the cabinet to restore an old Pepsi 110 I recently picked up.

I recommend you look around for another machine, unless you really like the looks of the V-83. Machines are expensive to restore and you may not want to put a lot of money into a machine you can not readily sell.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 05:51:15 am »

Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

At first when my friend called I thought he said the machine was a V-81 and I was a lot more interested.  Anyway, I went to see it just for the heck of it.  The machine is in great shape and working condition(the kick plate for the bottom of the front is there it is just off of the machine).  It looks to me like it is in original condition as it did not appear to have been re-painted.  Vends on a dime and he has the original key.  The guy has been trying to get $3900 (although I would guess that this number is extremely negotiable)  and I told him that he was very high for the type of machine he was selling and that he might get a few more calls if he dropped his price considerably.  But you never know, there is one born every minute as the saying goes and he might get lucky!

The machine is in a storage unit in Grand Rapids--I am guessing that the guy recently went through a divorce or is in the process of moving based on the other items that were in the storage unit.  He has a stack of about 8 wood coke cases with 6.5 ounce bottles that will go with the machine--some of them still full!

Here are a few pictures if anyone happens to be interested.  I can put you in touch with the guy.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 08:31:41 am »

He's about $3750.00 too high...

I'd run from that deal...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:46 am »

That is exactly what I told him.  I can't imagine that he has been getting any lookers at that price.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: