SMC Discussion Areas
June 21, 2024, 03:20:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dole Dispenser on E-Bay  (Read 7858 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: June 24, 2008, 11:24:16 pm »

I have liked this machine since I was a kid because they had one at the ice cream shop by my house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nice-old-original-Coke-dispencer-Bar-top-ad-sign-disp_W0QQitemZ350073467178QQihZ022QQcategoryZ10806QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What is a reasonable price for one of these in working condition?  Can you still get any of the parts if you need them?

Just curious!

Tim
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 06:35:40 am »

Missing a handle,  the drip tray and an access cover for $1500. 
bwahahahahahaa.  Parts can be found with a little difficulty, and they don't fit in a Pontiac Grand Am   (sorry, old story) I wouldn't go more than $300

Tim, check Detroit Craigslist, there was a combo  sale - the same model Dole and maybe  a vendo 80, can't remember the 2nd machine  for $200  in the last week.

Edit: My bad,  wasn't an  80,  but a burnt up 56, 0r 81,  in Toledo.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/clt/726887681.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 06:37:32 am by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:24:56 am »

The Vendo is a V-81A and may be complete... I'm not sure about restoring though; could be some serious sheet metal warping!

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:13:30 am »

Somebody had better jump on that pair for $200  jawdrop

Glen
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:56:19 am »

Is there anyone near Toldeo that can help? I would be willing to work out a very fair deal with somebody! 870-405-3024

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 09:51:14 pm »

I bought them both. The 81 is just burnt on the front. Could not pass up the deal. What abouut the Dole Dispenser? Should i part it out ? Going to pick up the machines next week sometime. I will post some pictures once i get it.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04:21 pm »

Congrats you got a deal!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 06:39:28 am »

Congrats. I looked at it, and passed assuming the ntire unit  was  cooked,.  darn

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 04:34:48 pm »

Matt,

I was actually e-mailing back and forth with this seller over the past few days and had made arrangements to see these machines today.  I had not looked at SMC last night or this morning or I probably would not have gone down to see them although the seller did not make any indication that the machines had been sold.

Anyway, the 81 got a little hotter than the seller is letting on.  The exterior is burned almost all the way around and a lot of the paint is gone and the metal is rusting.  The vending door is warped and does not close but that should not be too tough to fix.  I was able to get the main door open (and closed again so it is still in alignment) and the inside did not look that bad although some of the shelves are missing.   darn I did not make a mental note if the coin mech was there because the seller was in a hurry and I had decided that there was more work there than I wanted to do.  It is probably saveable but it wil be a helluva of a "Phoenix Project".  I forgot my cell phone or I would have snapped a few pictures for you.  darn

The Dole seems to be complete although the front stainless access cover below the dispensing handles is missing.  He has a box that contains the manual, syrup hoppers and all of the parts that go inside of them as far as I could tell--no expert here.  He has the carbonator and lines.  He also has an extra dispensing handle for the front.  The plexiglass on front and back where the product signs are located are both cracked.  This is probably salvageable as well or worth some good money in parts.

I was interested in using the Dole for my basement bar and not parting it out so I passed all the way around.  In any event, make sure you drive a hard bargain because you can probably get them cheaper if he doesn't sell them out from under you.  He mentioned that he was going through a divorce and has to get rid of a lot of stuff.  He has a nice boat for sale that I would have considered but I don't want a divorce too!  biggrin

Good luck with the buy but make sure that everything is still there before you make the drive.

Tim
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 06:58:29 pm »

I also contacted the seller .He stated I was JUST  censored a few minutes Late !! I guess it was you Matt .Because i would have bought it just for G P.

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:20:05 pm »

Thanks for the information. I really don't care to much if it is damaged. I have had alot of fun restoring basket case machines. As for the Dole Machine i really don't want it so if someone wants it ...give me a pm and we will work out a deal. I have a buddy going to go get it in a couple of days. I can get all the repairable parts when i do start the restoration. I am currently on Vacation and i was unable to look at it.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: