SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 10:18:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Guy!! and Gal!! with a Vendo 90C-C  (Read 9873 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: April 04, 2008, 09:52:19 pm »

Hi all!!!

Just found this forum after doing a little searching and tearing the new machine down.  After a couple years of searching, I finally found a machine to restore.  I've been rebuilding lawn tractors for a little while, and now it's time to try something different.  I picked up a Vendorlator VF90C-C for $100, worked great from the start, nice and cool.  Just needs some paint and it'll be good to go.  I have found some rust on the tear down, so I'll have to fabricate a few sheetmetal panels though.

A couple of questions from a new guy:

Has anyone tried adding some LED accent light to areas such as the bottle opener?  I'd like a small white or red led there, just wondering if anyone has done something like that?  I'll post some pics when I can of the LED install.

Is there any special worth to the NEHI/RC Cola machine?  Some quick research shows there might be, but we'd like to switch it over to a classic coke scheme.

Do most of you clean and paint the compressor and fins?  I've seen a couple like that, and although I like how it looks, I'm skeptical on the efficiency of the paint over the aluminum.  Any recommendations on how to clean it up?

Here's a pic of the new guy:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:42:11 pm by tkaz » Logged

Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 10:41:58 pm »

Welcoce to the site , Glad you found us  biggrin

As far as keeping it an RC,  if it was mine, yes I would keep it a RC
there are a lot of Coca Cola machines out there and one will pop up
and you will end up with it , And everyone does Coke, be different
do an RC.

As far as the Compressor area, yes I do mine
it makes it look a lot cleaner .
Then later when you want to sell that RC someone will look at that
compressor area and think they took very good care of it and could close
the deal for you
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:06:15 pm by johnieG » Logged
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:07:59 am »

Have to agree with Pat, keep it RC.  That would be a great looking machine when done.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:15:47 pm »

Definitely keep it a RC... If not, I'd be interested in that sign. I don't have a 90, but I'd back light it and hang it on the wall..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:28 pm »

I say make it Coke and sell that nice R.C. sign.

Someone here installed LED lights in a bottle door
before. I wish I had that thread now, as I am restoring
a C-72 and would like to light it up!

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:57:22 pm »

Welcome! If it where me it would depend on the condition of the sign... if it has fading and
scratches... I would make it a Coke machine there's folks here that sell new Coke signs
I would restore it then as a Coca-Cola... If the sign is really nice and you are gonna keep
it I'd restore as a RC. I wouldn't want to put a lot of money and time into it just to have
a killer looking machine with a ok sign. I hope you could keep it as a RC, I can't tell by the sign.... but if it's something you are gonna want to sell Coke is the best bet....
I love the smaller brands.... Can't wait to see how it goes... I hope you stick around...
any questions or concerns you would have these guys here will help! This IS THE BEST
site for soda machines. and the BEST group of guys (and a few gals) in this hobby.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »

Welcome to the board!!

Looks like that RC sign will clean up just fine. Plexi will scratch so just soft cloth and plenty of soap and water.

The LED's will work fine for accents outside the cooling area. Looking forward to pics!!

Glen, JG and I fiddled about with LED's for the bottle door a couple years ago. I decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Dedicated 12v supply and concerns about temp and moisture.
For a Cav-72 I'd go with the V-81 type setup. With the ballast and starter in the compressor area for ease of service.
Creighton

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:10:34 pm by Creighton » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 04:41:19 pm »

Well, digging all the way back to my first post, I've finally decided to finish up my first machine that has been sitting for almost 3 years now.  I guess I caught the bug, and near 10 machines later, this got pushed to the back of the pack due to some big rust issues.  I welded up some new door panels, and I just need to prep the door for paint.   Hopefully I'll have it in for paint in the next month or two.

The compressor was working great, just needed a good cleaning.  I'm almost done with a new wiring harness, to finish it all up.  Here's a couple before/afters:

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 02:41:50 pm »

In keeping up with the first post I ever had on SMC...I'm just about done with my Vendo 90 that was the first machine I bought.  As with most of us, 15-20 machines have passed through in the time I have had this one, but I keep doing very small updates when I get the time.  Just needs the inner liner put back in, and its done.  I'm keeping with the RC theme for now, but left the sides generic so I can put in whatever sign I want in the end. 

Just over four years I've been on the site, sure have learned a lot!

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »

>> Just over four years I've been on the site, sure have learned a lot!
Amen to that. Thanks to all that help the hobby along.

Machine is looking great!!

Creighton

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: