SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 01:50:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up 7up Quickcold today  (Read 3461 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: March 31, 2008, 09:03:54 pm »

Found this on my local craigslist last night... went and picked it up this morning..
I'm 99.9% sure it's a quickcold standard, but has an SS Tag on the bottom.. Either way, i love all the 7up embossing... needs some work on the lid, but overall I'm pretty happy with it.
What is the value of these anyhow? just want to see if I got a decent deal on it..
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:25:15 pm »

It's a S&S just before they went Quikold..... embossing is different and I think they only debossed 6 bubbles. I passed on one a few years back at $700 (I thought was too high) but was solid and had the cap catcher.... had been painted all white and was straight....
How's the inside?.... Why don't you just send that on down to me since you're a Coke guy
and I would hate to see you slip into the non-cola world and disgrace your family name...
So I need to know if you're gonna keep it or sell it to me? biggrin
Nice score.... CL is how I found the Nichol Kola......
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 09:53:46 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:27:59 pm »

Here was one that was on eBay a few years back guy thought it was made of gold... I thought it looked like rust... didn't sell it was in Missouri but I couldn't tell how bad the rust was and he wouldn't say....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:50:48 pm »

Great score John , So is this going to be something your going to keep a few year
and once in a while bring back up and make Eric loss his mind over  tounge  upside  laugh , or are you going to flip it    oh

Hey by the way I got the package tonight so I will be starting
it Wed. smile.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:28:30 am »

Great find! Restored they fetch around $2k. Unrestored I have seen them go for $700-$1000. Hope you got a great deal!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:42:41 am »

Thanks Guys...I think it's going to be a keep for a while, but of course we all know how that goes... good intentions, but things change...
I'd actually like to own something that is not primarily RED!!! and I really like the embossing all over it.. the lids have some issues.. the handles are missing as where they mount it's rusted out..but I'll see what i can do with it...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: