SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 10:47:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Shipping Idea  (Read 3160 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: March 28, 2008, 07:28:46 am »

Ok I have an idea. My company imports about 4 to 5 pallets of products from the states each month and we use a US freight forwarder called Mach 1. To ship a pallet of products from New Mexico (depending on the weight) to Singapore is only about $1k and thats door to door. They have a network all over the US. If it is that cheep to ship products 10,000 miles they may be a cheep route for you all to ship machines. I just trucked a pallet of products from Bangkok Thailand to Singapore door to door for $200 and that is a REALLY long distance and they even have to deal with customs in two countries.

I remember Allen Hoffman telling me that he uses a freight forwarder and it is really cheep. This may end up being a bad idea but it is worth a try. I hope this may help.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:56:54 am »

So why can't we get a machine to New Mexico and add it on to the next shipment?

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 11:16:07 am »

Well there are a few problems with that. Singapore is really weird about old things. I am afraid about the cooling systems. They will probably reject the machine because of the R12. Even if not I would have to pay the high tax of importing commercial equipment. Here in Singapore you can only own a car for 10 years. After than the car must be sold back to the Singapore government for a very low price and they crush it and sell it for scrap. They want nothing old on the island. The only exceptions are for exotic cars. Next to Hong Kong this little island has the second largest number of Rolls Royce's of any other country per capita of people. The same goes for Ferrari's and Lamborghini's. Just waling down the road you will generally see at least one exotic car. They allow those to stay on the island as long as they can pass inspection.

The biggest problem is that I am starting a new company. Even though we are doing much better than last year I still draw a very modest salary so right now there is no way I can afford a restored machine. And with the strict air quality laws almost no one sprays paint here. So buying a restorable original is out of the question. You have to go to Malaysia to have anything painted. Then there is import fees into that country and then back into Singapore. It would be a logistical nightmare.

I don't see me here for more than two more years. I can live with the few signs that I have and two gum ball machines for two more years.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 11:27:44 am »

And here WE all thought we had problems getting the approval from the wife or signifigant other just to get a new machine...  oh
Here YOU have to get GOVERNMENT APPROVAL from several countries.... My hat goes off to you Josh..
Machine Abstinence ..... who'd a thunk it! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:41:59 am »

I use the same shipping broker that Alan hoffman used. It's called Global Tranz. Their website is www.carrierrate.com  Prices are great!!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:13:09 pm »

Hey ,Josh
               Can't you ship one of those Re-pop Standard Coolers WITH OUT the Cooling system .Use the Ice one . Probley work out Cool . Just a Thought  smile

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

I thought about that but they are pretty expensive and they are not original. I also wouldn't want an Ice cooler. i want something that works.  Next year I may save some money and try to get an Ideal 55 shipped over. I think it would be easier than anything else and it would be a lot cheaper. Also if I ever send a full machine I will probably have the cooling system sent separately. I bet it would get through customs that way. Oh well. I don't have the money either way right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: