SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 04:05:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOW VENDING WATER BOTTLES...and some more questions....  (Read 2688 times)
cokentn
« on: March 10, 2008, 07:41:28 am »

Hey, I got my shims set in right and am now VENDING WATER!  drinking Problem was I didn't have one in place to see how they should go and I couldn't see the side next to me down deep to see where the tabs fit. I stuck a mirror down in there and found some slots. Problem is they don't come down that chute very easily. Sometimes they hang at the door, but can be pulled thru.
I have 5 columns, 3 go into one chute and 2 into the other. They seem to vend easier on the wider chute. Easier to get out. 
BIG QUESTION:  Can you "lube" the shutes? With what? I don't want the bottles to be greasy.

Here are some more questions I have.

• Where can I get some flavor labels? I would like ones for Diet Coke CANS and Diet Caffeine free coke CANS and Dasani water and regular Coke in 8 0z bottles.
    Are they universal? Do you trim them to fit?
    Here is the panel they go in:
  • Someone said they had a sticker for the amount that I could buy. Please PM me, as I really would like to have that .50 sticker. Would also like the deposit sticker.
  • I know some say that they just keep a jar of coins and let people vend that way. Does that put a lot of wear on the vending mechanism?
  • Is it my imagination or some columns wider than others?

I love this machine. We've "bonded". tounge
Thanks!
Mark
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:47:12 am »

I'd suggest a nice coat of wax maybe, but not any kind of oil or lubricant. "stiction" ( a new word I just made up) can be a problem with thin plastic / soft-sided water bottles

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cokentn
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:45:13 pm »

K, I'm good with that. Any help on the label? I think I can just print up some flavor strips.
I really would like that .50 cent sticker and deposit sticker.
Mark
*youknow how WHAT you pull up if you Google .50 cent? lots rap.... darn  biggrin
cokentn
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:31:25 pm »

The wax worked like a charm. Great idea.
Thanks!
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: