SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:05:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo HA564B?  (Read 6898 times)
shortstop
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:21:16 pm »

I am considering purchasing this machine. Owner says it runs, may need freon. Appears to be in pretty good condition. I would like to know approximate value if anyone could help please
Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 08:57:53 pm »

Question for you does it have the rack and shelve's ??
 and a working coin mech ?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 09:04:29 pm »

Welcome to the board!!
Without more information I would say $175 tops. Does it vend and have all of the shelves? When it runs does the compressor get hot to the touch and run all the time or just click and shut off? If you are able to trouble-shoot basic electronics many things can be fixed.

Rebuilding a compressor deck is best left to the pro's. This machine does not have a lighted sign which reduces up front value but can be added.

Any questions just ask.
Creighton
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 09:28:56 pm »

I'd say between $200-350 tops (if it had the lightup sign option, which this one doesn't) but if this machine is as clean as it looks & is running and was complete, I'd be willing to split the difference, it's also called the "Thrift-vend" 56

as a note, I belive only a lightup sign from another HA56 series will fit, the V63 is a little bit different size-wise as I recall I have a parts machine in the "barn" but it also has a steel sign.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:10:59 pm »

Yep, a 63 sign is a tad too big.
Creighton
shortstop
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:12 am »

They sent pics of the interior( all sheleves appear to be in place) and the coin mech( from the pic it looks brand new). I tried attaching those pics as well but the files were too big for this forum. Idiot me is not smart enough to figure out how to resize them. They are asking $300.00 for the machine. If the compressor needs work, is that something an HVAC buddy of mine should be able to do? Sorry guys, I don't have a mechanical bone in my body.
shortstop
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 08:19:57 am »

Let's try the pics again. I think I got them resized. Thanks for the help guys.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 09:23:02 am »

Looks to be in pretty good condition, and if your just planning on leaving it as is, with original paint then I'd say your probably not too far off on the price... if it was in rougher condition where you needed  to repaint then it's too high... the Refridgeration is the big thing... but if you have a buddy who can check the system , fix the leak that it must have, and recharge... then you'd be pretty good to go... but just for fun.. start your couner bid at 200.00
Good luck

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
shortstop
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 09:29:20 am »

Thanks signguy. Just sent you a personal message as well. I appreciate the help.
shortstop
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 11:34:33 pm »

Well. I took you guys advice. tried to get him to 200.00- I did walk away with a 250.00 purchase on the machine. Compressor was a lil noisy, that was my basis for asking the lower price. Got it home, plugged it in, and it got ice cold within 15-20 minutes. The noise I heard after some investigation, was the fan blades hitting the bottom . I noticed there is a screw missing or broke off in the housing that holds the fan blade. If that fixes the problem, I think I did pretty good for my 1st purchase. I'll post some more pics when i have a lil time to do some more tinkering with the machine. I'm sure I'll be hitting you all up for advice. Thanks for the help so far.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: