SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:34:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleaned it up a little.  (Read 3904 times)
cokentn
« on: December 29, 2007, 08:33:15 pm »

Ok, here it is cleaned up a little.A SOS pad was my new best friend.  tounge
I put new contact paper on the door. As you can see, it is not a perfect match at all, BUT it looks better. It was just from a local store and seeing as it's 18" wide I had to seam it, which isn't  a big deal with the woodgrain; you can hardly tell it.
Now...figuring out how to do the bottom??? I, apparantly, have to take the back of the whole front door off. I see screws underneath the white seal.  Man, I sure hate to do that, but I want it to look good. If there are any other ways, let me know.
Also, I would like stickers that go on the front that note the deposit amount for the bottle and the sticker that goes on the metal coin insert thing. That says the cost. .50.
Where migt I get those?
I'm still working on the lock thing. I took it out today and took it somewhere and he didn't have any keys that fit.
I'm really really happy with it. It cleaned up nicely! Wellll worth what I gave for it. I see hardly any structural damage. The rusty spots came off easily with SOS> Now.when I get down to the basics with it, I have to match that white and spot paint it. It has some rusty spots.
ONe more thing, the illuminated COKE sign, is that replaceable? Where?

Thanks for all you fella's help!
Mark
aspbear
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:08:42 pm »

I you are talking about the part down where the bottle shutes are, you might be able to measure and pre cut the pieces (cut them a little long).  Then when you get ready to apply just spray some windex or a soapy solution so it will not stick immediately and then you can move it around until you get it like you want it and smooth it out.  Be sort of like putting a decals on.  Just an idea...

aspbear
cokentn
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 02:45:57 pm »

I just cut around the chutes and my wife smoothed it out. It looks so great. It matches really well. I'm actually leaving one corner of it the old dark paper, so on closer inspection, you can see it's original paper.
I'm so proud of this machine!! You guys probably have done it so long, but for me, it's been a blast.
Mark
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »

Well Done Mark

that's what a hobby is all about... Enjoyment.
Be careful though it would seem that the bug has already been caught. You'll be looking
for another machine and then another and before you know it you'llbe converting
your garage...

Dave
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 04:43:41 pm »

Great job Mark!!
That is why we buy machine after machine because it is a treat to bring them back to life. Enjoy your new toy!!
Creighton
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:23:50 pm by Creighton » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 08:24:02 pm »

Well done Mark!
Amazing what a little effort and elbow grease can do ! ! !
Have one on me...
                         happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

cokentn
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 08:07:47 am »

Be careful though it would seem that the bug has already been caught. You'll be looking
for another machine and then another and before you know it you'llbe converting
your garage...

Dave

ummm, someone has offered me another. I mentioned it to my family last nite, my wife said "WHY would we want TWO machines?"
I said, "Because...because...um...I can?" upside
I'm excited about the possibility of getting another. I'll have to see pix first.
Mark
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 11:09:02 pm »

And So the Jouney Begins .  drinking

Ahh I was Nieve Once  tounge

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy