SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 07:09:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacing labels.....and a couple other questions..  (Read 3559 times)
cokentn
« on: December 30, 2007, 02:44:01 pm »

Does anyone know of where I can get some stickers/labels that could replace these?

I want to replace those. the one about the deposit and the one about the cost that went above the coin slot.

Also, a couple of more questions:
-Is there a way to set the coin mechanism to where you don't have to put any money in it for a coin to drop? Would that harm anything???
-Even though the outside is in great condition, I'm tempted to put some 70's stickers on there, just a few...u know/remember: peace, stop the war, love, maybe a Beatles or some music sticker. Not overload it. But, I mean I remember stickers being a big deal in the 70's and they were all over our Coke machine at the store. But...I dunno.
Thanks
Mark
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:06:12 pm »

I might have the pricing decal. I know i have some flavor strips.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
cokentn
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 03:17:22 pm »

Hey GREAT! Let me know and I'll do what you need. It's set for .50 cents.
You'll get a kick out of this: I'm so new to this, I had to re-read to determine what "flavorstrips" are.  upside
I actually made one today for bottled water. I finally figured out how to get the selection panel (or whatever it's called) open and got one out. It has two L spring levers at each end that allowed the panel to tilt down.
I found a name brand of bottle water, Not mentioned here Wink, that we use and printed it on heavy paper, cut it to fit the template of the one I took out and it looks perfect.
I'm not keeping that thing full. What do you replace the flavor strips with in the ones you leave empty?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:51:56 pm »

The machine does not have to work as hard if it is kept filled.
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 08:32:32 pm »

Yes it will cost you less in the long run by keeping it full. Water and soda are great insulators so it helps keep the machine cold and makes the machine have to run a lot less.
cokentn
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:47 pm »

Does anyone know of where I can get some stickers/labels that could replace these?
I want to replace those. the one about the deposit and the one about the cost that went above the coin slot.
PM me if you have some..

-Even though the outside is in great condition, I'm tempted to put some 70's stickers on there, just a few...u know/remember: peace, stop the war, love, maybe a Beatles or some music sticker. Not overload it. But, I mean I remember stickers being a big deal in the 70's and they were all over our Coke machine at the store. But...I dunno.
Rethinking this, I want to find some stickers and put them on magnetic film, cut it to the size of the sticker and THEN put the magnetic film on the machine. That way I'd be able to preserve the finish.

Thanks
Mark
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 10:26:05 pm »

That is what I do. If you heat the film with a hair dryer makes it easier to cut. I use small scissors. I use chrome for some or white backing depending on the sticker. Craft stores should have it.
Creighton

>Even though the outside is in great condition, I'm tempted to put some 70's stickers on >there, just a few...u know/remember: peace, stop the war, love, maybe a Beatles or some >music sticker. Not overload it. But, I mean I remember stickers being a big deal in the 70's >and they were all over our Coke machine at the store. But...I dunno.

>Rethinking this, I want to find some stickers and put them on magnetic film, cut it to the >size of the sticker and THEN put the magnetic film on the machine. That way I'd be able to >preserve the finish.

cokentn
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 10:34:22 pm »

So, you've put nostalgic stickers on your machines? I thought maybe I was the only weirdo who thought bout that.  Oo
Mark
cokentn
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 08:10:48 am »

I might have the pricing decal. I know i have some flavor strips.

Did you find a pricing decal?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: