SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 07:04:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint & Decal Vendo H56 square top  (Read 5401 times)
hghias
« on: December 22, 2007, 09:08:19 am »

Hello,
i'm owner of a Vendo 56 square top machine and i'm going to restore it.
Therefor I am looking for the right paint and applicable coke decals.

1) Is the Dupont 674 red the right color? Where can i buy it, because i can't find this paint in the building centers in germany? do anybody know where i can buy this paint in germany, as the case may be where i can order it per internet or buy it in the usa?

2) Which decals do i need and where can i buy them? (how can i contact funtronics via internet)

thanx 
hghias
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 04:53:49 pm »

Another European... Welcome brother (I'm from England)

These paint codes my Colonial friends quote don't seem to exist over this side of the world.

My advice to you would be not to worry too much about the exact colour. Have a look at the reds that are available to you and choose one that you can buy a can of at a later date should you need to touch up.. Different shadeswere used so there is no guarentee even with a code that it would be what you wanted.

Steve at Funtronics is not available via the internet. You need to contact him via telephone. 001 301 371 5246 should get him. You can have a look at the on-line cat via the sponser banner on this site.

If you are looking for parts you could also try The soda Jerk works. Another Steve. He's real friendly and can keep you talking for an hour.

Well its nice to have you here. I look at all the great Coke stuff you have available in Germany and I am very envious. Ihave bought bits and pieces in the past... If Icould find a cheap shipper I'd buy lots more.

Stick around and ask lots of questions. Many people here are very experienced at restoring machines.

Dave
hghias
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 11:16:16 am »

hi dave,

thank you for the warm welcome and your answers. to the right set of decals i've got one further question. when this coke machine had been rolled out in the past, did they have a standardised decal design? in the web i have seen restored machines which had different decals.
which decals should i use for my coke machine:

front: "bottle opener", "coin return", "do not deposit coin if product is not visible"
"coca cola sprite boy "

site:  "things go better with coke" or "coca cola"

mattias
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 11:56:44 am »

TGBwC is the slogan from the 60's and is correct for your machine.

The Sprite Boy and the Hand & Bottle were never used by Vendo,
they were usually added by the Coke sales department.

Glen
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 06:35:20 pm »

And I think the  factory decals, like 'Bottle Opener", "Coin Return", and "Do not deposit coin if product is not visible"   can be easily reproduced if they are difficult to come by. It's the little  touches that help make a machine stand out.

And welcome to the boards Mathias

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 03:25:40 am »

Mattias

Like the piant, I don't think it really matters what decals you place on the machine as long as you like them. Steve at Funtroincs can help... Give him a ring after the holiday and explain what you have and what you think you want..

Personally (and believe me I'm no expert) I would go for less rather than more. Particularily if you are going to the expense of a new paint job. Try and get hold of thr Funtroincs Cat...He has pictures of all the decals in the rear at the right size. You could also do a google image search and call up pictures of what others have done to see what you like best.

I asked the same question last month about paint and Glen quite rightly said "Let the wife choose" I'm glad to say she made a very wise choice. Now she can't complain about the machine cos she has an "Ownership value on it."

Merry Christmas...

Dave 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: