SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 09:55:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 Owners - Need a favor (some pics) or a hint. Locked door panel  (Read 4695 times)
rhycher
« on: December 13, 2007, 05:11:29 pm »

I am trying to open the front door panel of my H63C. I thought I need to drill out the lock tumbler and realized I was able to slide it out. When I looked in the hole I saw the back. Not good right?

Could any Vendo 63 owner do something funny and take a picture of the inside door. The small door the lock tumbler is attached too. I want to open the unit and can't because it is locked. I have the 63 manual but it is less than stellar for pointing out how it locks. If I can find a bar I need to knock or can sneak in another way a picture might help me out. The unit I have is in my profile picture. I just can't seem to recall what slid where.

Maybe someone knows a quick way in. LOL
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 05:44:55 pm »

That's a tricky one!
Can you see the lock's cam? Most cams have a square hole for the lock cylinder to go through and it may be stuck in the lock bar - if you can see it, maybe you could stick a flat screwdriver in and turn it.
Did you call Fun-Tronics about a key? If the cam is still in position, you might also be able to stick  the cylinder back in right through the cam and use the Fun-Tronics key to open it

You need to push the lock bar up (I believe). I been able to reach my pinky in and do it without the lock in place. There is a flat piece on the lock bar just above the lock cylinder that you can push on. If you have small children, see if one of them can do it. Maybe some sort of angled piece of metal?
Maybe somebody else here has encountered this problem and has an easy solution.
Good Luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
rhycher
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 05:53:22 pm »

I have to whole lock out. When I shine a flashlight in the hole I can see the back. Not a good sign. I will see if I can put a pinky in there and see if there is anything to be reached. Something tells me it is not gonna be an easy fix.

Thanks for the details. Maybe someone will have some pics to go by. LOL

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 06:34:11 pm »

It depends on The door lock.. You should be able to reach directly inside the hole and towards the  right side of the panel. You should be able to feel the bar and the piece that engages the lock cylinder. Lift up on that bar. If its tight, you may want to push or pull on the door panel a bit to loosen it up.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 01:00:33 pm »

It should just be a bar that slides up and down and you should be able to actuate with a finger..push up or down on it... push on the coin door while doing this to alleviate some pressure that might be on it,, but it should go up or down pretty easily and disengage.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
rhycher
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:04:03 pm »

I just popped it about an hour ago. Thanks guys. I will probably need to replace the outer chrome as well as the lock tumbler but I am finally in.

Thanks everyone for the help. After everyone gave me suggestions I followed through.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: