SMC Discussion Areas
September 19, 2024, 02:09:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 5948 times)
Pixel
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 12:57:35 am »

I applaud Nintendo for trying something different. At the very least, not tying it to new video
technology. That said, Nintendo stands to make a bundle from the all the motion-sensitive
gizmos coming down the pike for the Wii.

I remember I saw a mini tennis racket attachment, but that may have been for Japan only.

One aspect of the Wii that does interest me is Virtual Console. Apparently it lets one download
older games (of course it's Nintendo which means pay-to-download), and play them on the
Wii. While I don't like the thought of also buying a dedicated controller to play VC games, I do
have a lot of older games I still like to play and nowhere to put the machines under my TV.

I only have dial-up, so I may not even be able to use the VC, but as time goes on maybe I'll
get a better connection and the Wii will get cheaper.

I've also heard of plans for a new, DVD movie playback-capable version of the Wii, but it's
only for Japan right now, and even that has been pushed back to 2008 so who knows.

I've went from "don't care about it" to "I might be interested sometime, but I'm not in a
hurry."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: