SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 04:37:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo Bottle thingy  (Read 3370 times)
kahonwes
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:27:40 pm »

well I'll bore you with my Vendo 44 thoughts... again

Well I'm psyched my new 44 has a original bottom drop rack where the bottles get dispensed out.  I was looking at the one on my machine and well first I'm going to sand blast the rust off of it and then replicate it.

I was looking at it for like 5 min thinking, man this is going to be so easy to replicate to the point of which one is the real one.

I also noticed people tell me finding a bottle rack is hard to find.  Well my summer project is to see if I can make a bottle rack.  I think I can get the whole frame done to par, my friend should be able to machine most of the parts, and I found someone who can make springs for me.  

I been studying my bottle rack for about 4 months now and, well, there isnt a part in there I cannot replicate....  And I noticed the other replica bottle racks look horrible.

Just for the challenge I'm going to replicate as many of the parts as possible.... Mostly because, its something to do lol

k - laters

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:02:10 am »

Well If a vendo 44 is ever lucky enough to come my way I know who's door I'll be knocking on for help. Keep up the good work. Nice to have a V44 expert amoungst us.

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 07:01:30 am »

Yeah Dave, I second that! It's always nice to have a subject matter expert around to help out. You never know, one day "K" might have his own ad banner here at Soda-Machines!!

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 07:19:47 am »

Yeap and from a guy that was only ever going to buy one machine "Yeah right..."
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:16:58 am »

Awesome! You'll have plenty of work I would think!
And more than one machine in the “Collection”!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 10:16:07 am »

Good luck.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
kahonwes
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 10:49:13 pm »

Well I wouldnt ever consider myself an expert on anything.  I just think these things are cool, not to mention, yeah the ooops I got another Vending machine bug lol...

One of the reasons why I want to make a bottle rack is, well in order to learn new skills, you need a project.  So I pick projects that will test my abilities and challenge me to do something.  And seeing as I'm buying a metal lathe for my garage, I would like to learn how to use it.

I have hundreds of other metal tools, and well just working on car bodies is boring.... to me at least...

First, I'm going to replicate a few bottom wire racks, then start with the easy pieces of the bottle rack, some of the plates.  I just wish someone had the building plans to these machines... Having the inner dimensions would be wonderful....  Would beat out measuring every part...

Plus I'm going to fabricate the thing that rocks the bottles out of one piece of steel....

Just a slow project... If I aquire another 44 I'm going to tear apart the bottle rack completely.....

k - How do I end up with these hobbies, maybe I should finish my house lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: