SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 01:21:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcade consoles  (Read 6931 times)
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 05:09:56 pm »

Let me know what you have Josh, I'm only 100 miles from you.

I'm still looking for a Centipede cocktail table or upright.
Plus a Space mission pinball.

May be in Memphis soon doing some last minute shopping
and going by our families dealership to check out a truck for hubby.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 05:22:56 pm »

Thats cool. What dealership does the family own? I am leaving for Ohio this weekend but I will be back sunday or monday. Hopefully he will have a list put together then.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 05:59:08 pm »

Responding to two part of this thread:

The only console I collect is the Atari 2600.  I have just under 300 different games for it (just snagged a few more carts the other day).

Josh - let me know if the person has any decent Rock-Ola 500 series wallboxes (160 selection) like this:

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 01:54:11 am »

Josh

Ms Pacman Looks the "Biz". I'd think about installing MAME in one of those just to give you the huge choice of games. I used to have a generic upright running over 5,000 games. All looked just as they did when I played them for real in the 1980's. But a dedicated cabinet, that would really set it off.

Good Luck.

Dave
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 05:05:32 pm »

Never mame a classic game.  The arcade collectors will hunt you down and scalp you(rightly so)
Bubba find youself a decent  cheap Dynamo cabinet and mame it out, it will be tons cheaper then building one.  A great website to do some reading on is Build your own arcade controls or byoac.  Tons of great FAQ's and there forums are full of helpful people that are a wealth of information.
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 05:07:27 pm »

Josh,  I'm looking for nice Mr. Do or Pengo upright if he has any.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 08:59:39 pm »

Glassbottlesrule--- Thanks for the info.. I know there is no replacement for an original machine, but real estate is an issue right now... As it is, I found this site after I acquired one old Vendo 83, and 2 weeks later I own 3 machines... Now you just gave me a link to a cool arcade site Shocked .. My wife is gonna take all my computers away ':p'

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 02:27:06 pm »

Quote (loman4ec @ Dec. 14 2005,1:40)
Well i just hit the arcade game motherload. I found a guy in Memphis that has more arcade games and 60's and 70's jukeboxes than you can believe. He is wanting to retire this year and sell off everything he has. I just bought a good origional Ms Pacman upright and a generic space Invaders like Cocktail table for $600. This guy has everything. He also gave me an origional Ford Gumball machine stand. He also has a ton of those touch screen games you see at bars that sit on the bar. Everything is priced really well. If anyone wants anything let me know.

Josh,
Do you still have a close relationship with this guy?
I may be interested in some of the bar-top touchscreen games (MegaTouch, etc.). Let me know when you have the chance.
'kito
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: