SMC Discussion Areas
September 20, 2024, 06:03:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here that they are closing their doors  (Read 46647 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2006, 05:19:08 pm »

Wow!... Look'n good! Want to see that one finished... What parts do you have nickeled?
Is that better than chroming?.... On my Nationals all the knobs are kinda rough.... Thinking
of having them powder coated a color than having them rechromed. I like the option of
making them match the paint or go with a cream or red in color.....

Would $250 be a good price for a 180?  I know where one was but wanted the smaller one.
What do you think?

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
www.memorylanerestorations.com
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2006, 06:19:46 pm »

Hi Eric, watch out for some of the National knobs, as some look like metal but they are not. and if you send them off to be plated and there not, they come back melted. Trust me I know!!! Curtis Memorylane Restorations. I'll try again to post my National Cig. Machine. They look the same.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2006, 06:49:04 pm »

Well I'll try.
Creighton
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2006, 06:52:39 pm »

Well that worked. Here are the other two. I just renamed the files to a short name with no spaces.
Creighton
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2006, 11:19:52 pm »

I just wanted to say thank you (Creighton) For getting the photos of my National Cig. Machine on  for me. I'll have to start renaming them. Curtis Kauffman Memory Lane Restorations.
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2006, 11:38:33 pm »

Eric, If the knobs on the National look like the ones in this E-bay listing 6244582470  They can not be plated. They need to be like the ones on my machine above, to replate.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2006, 11:39:14 pm »

Curtis:
Wow!!!  You were right.  That cigarette machine is "lights out".  I may want to restore one after all.  Or maybe I will trade a restored Stoner for one.  I love the mint green.  I now understand why people pay $5,000 for a museam quality restorations.

You are still the man!!!!

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2006, 11:55:19 pm »

Eric:
I prefer chrome over nickel plating.  Both are great looking.  My chrome guy charges me the same so it is a no brainer.  I like the fact that the insides are restored every bit as nice as the outside.  The real treat is after your friends fall in love with the outside of the machines, I then open them up and show off the inside.  I like to use a high end automotive paint on the candy mech as well as the trays.  Some people have them powder caoted.  I think I get a better finish with base/clear.  Every tray gets clear coated.  I will argue that the paint finish on my individual candy trays are nicer then the factory paint job on my Jaguar. Hope this helps.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2006, 12:24:14 am »

Brian, my shippment of new knobs for the Stoners, will be ready in one week. I have also had the Cams remade for the locking bar and I just picked up my shippment of the art deco mirrors for the bottom base cabnetsof the Stoners. I found a new company with the same CNC machine (better price) I got lots of goodies coming! You like the National. When are you going to learn, when I tell you it's nise, it's going to be nice! Thanks for the good feedback. Curtis Memory Lane Restorations
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2006, 12:32:08 am »

Bcharlton, you like the candy colors, I restored this Slot in Candy Gold.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: