SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 06:48:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here that they are closing their doors  (Read 44937 times)
www.memorylanerestorations.com
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:23 am »

Trying again guys.
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2006, 12:10:05 am »

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2006, 12:51:31 am »

Check the size of the image. I stay below 78K and it seems to work. If that fails send it to cjsmith1@ix.netcom.com and I'll try and post the pics for you.
Creighton
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2006, 07:45:16 am »

Thanks for the info. All the photos are around 45. I'll try this again. I put photos on all the time. I noticed Bcharlton, ran into the same prob. the other day.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2006, 09:11:20 am »

Gene:

Great bars.  I own some of the booths and tables you made.  They look awesome in my basement malt shop.  I may need a secound booth when the malt shop is complete.  I reccomed Gene's work to anyone who loves the 50s!!!!

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2006, 09:40:08 am »

Man I need a Stoner... I've been looking for a while.... Over the Christmas break there was a Jr on eBay near Kansas and of course I was down and out with the flu and forgot to snipe it.... it went for around $375!!!!! Anyone here get it? It was complete and straight... That was a STEEL!!!
I have these 3 Nationals late 50s/early 60s but NEED a Stoner...

Josh did you ever go back and talk with the guy that was keeping those rough Stoners?......
Also...  As far as the signs that's always tough... they could probably care less about them...
Heck.. they probably don't even know they're Coke signs.....
but when someone shows interest...
I'd refer to them as disc signs or the round signs on the building...
You could tell them you're opening a soda machine restoration shop and you
wanted to make big bottle caps out of them! And put them on your shop...Not really fibb'n
and that may get them to open and talk to see if there's anything sittinga round there inside.

Need to start hanging wanted posters up for machines too!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2006, 11:46:56 am »

I'll go see next week. Those stoners were beyond repair and they were 60's one piece stoners. They weren't worth digging them out.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2006, 12:11:48 pm »

Quote (loman4ec @ Jan. 11 2006,8:38)
I don't think I am going to try for the whole sign but I am going to try and get the buttons. Now all I need to do is not get shot while doing it. memphis has some really bad places and this is in one of the worst places. I was thinking there is a reason why those buttons are still there.

Josh, first you should offer to pay someone some money for them.        ':p'

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2006, 12:17:16 pm »

Oh man. You mean I can't just take them? Just kidding. The asking part is what I am afraid of. That means I actually have to go in.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2006, 02:43:18 pm »

Eric:
I agree! Get yourself a Stoner.  I have found and bought 3 in the last 18 months in the local Buffalo NY area.  I putan add for 50s stuff for my basement maltshop.  I guy replied that he had one in his barn.  A 20 minute drive and $200 later I had a complete Jr that I restored to mint Green.  I found the Theatre (my personnel favorite) on Ebay about 150 miles from my house.  The Theatre versions are the most rare and are the holy grail.  When restored properly, they lite up and look awesome especially in dim lighting.  I did mine in Coral (pink).  The last one I bought was my Stoner 180.  It was still vending candy 2 miles from my office at a local gas station.  A friend of mine called me and told me about it.  I spent $150 and it was complete.  It even had $12.00 in quarters in it.. In fact, the guy even threw in the candy.  Make sure your friends and family members know to keep an eye out for you.  I get call and e-mails every month from people giving me "leads".  In return, I send them gift certificates to say thanks.  I am sure you will find a Stoner.  I think they may be my favorite vintage 50s stuff I restore.  I do a lot of Soda machines but my lack of refrigeration system knowledge make me dependent on people like Allan from Antique Vending.  He has been a Saint.  I could not have restored the 4 coke machines without his help.

Enjoy the before and after pictures of the 180.  I think it will the nicest one of the bunch

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi