SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 04:27:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website name question  (Read 6477 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: December 11, 2005, 01:48:25 pm »

I am going to have a new website made for myself because the guy that made my other one is lazy and won't finish it. I also dont really like the name of my current site so I am going to change the name. Kate is designing the website as we speak. The reason I am posting this is I wanted to ask everyone about the name. When I follow up on a machine call I always introduce myself as the Coke machine guy so people know what I am calling about. Well that is what I am wanting to name the website. www.thecokemachineguy.com. What do you all think. My biggest concern is will Coke go nuts over me using their name on the web? Any suggestions.
thanks for your help
Josh
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:23:55 pm »

Two words: Legal Department

I love the name, but I think you are right dreading lawyers. That said, I can't think up any suggestions for you I like. It won't keep me from thinking some more on it while I'm out shoveling snow.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 03:39:05 pm »

Coca Cola's lawsuit could only be for trademark infringement or misrepresentarion.
         So they may interpret Coke Machine Guy as trying to represent an employee of Coca Cola.
         My question is what their argument would be against "Coke Machine Hunter" ??

Glen
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 03:41:20 pm »

Josh

why don't you ask them?? The bloke I buy all my bits for my jukebox from is www.thejukboxman.com He is simply known as the Jukeboxman throughout the whole jukebox world.

You could always change Coke for Soda. Or just give it a run. Coke would issue alsorts of warning before actually getting around to doing anything.

Dave

Dave
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 03:59:12 pm »

Dave, Josh is right on with the name.   On an internet search 95% of all newcommers probably type in "Antique Coke machine"

Glen
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 04:10:53 pm »

although sodamachineguy would open it up, not limiting you to only Coke machines.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 04:20:49 pm »

Thats true but here in Tennessee people only say Coke for some reason. Here coke can be anything. I am used to people calling it Pop in Ohio, then when I was in Florida everyone calls it Soda. Here in Memphis Coke can mean sprite pepsi drpepper or anything else. Its really odd.

I am now torn between just trying www.thecokemachineguy.com and seeing how long it takes them to complain or should I just go the safe route and use www.thesodamachineguy.com.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 04:51:48 pm »

Without wanting to pee on your fire, are both domains available???
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:07:14 pm »

Both are available!!!! Good thinking though I hadn't checked untill you asked.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 05:09:42 pm »

I would try cokemachineguy and see what happens.  Maybe only register the name for 2 years, that way if they shut you down you are not out of alot of money.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: