SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 01:14:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning possible scam  (Read 3822 times)
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« on: October 15, 2005, 04:52:30 pm »

Vendo 56 on ebay seems like a awesome deal. I emailed a question asking if I won could I send my shipper to come and pick up. This is the response i get back.

Hello,
  Buy-now price is 1900 usd, including shipping charges and insurance taxes. It will be delivered to your home.
  I am from Chicago, but at this moment I am in London. The item is at TNT office in Chicago, packed and ready to be shipped.
  I am an ebay square trade member and they will guarantee for me in this transaction.
  I will deal only through ebay.
  Please reply asap.
             Thank you!

ebay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vendo-V....iewItem

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 05:17:21 pm »

"If it looks to good to be true...."
Hmmm, The seller is from Chicago, but currently in London, but lists Virginia as the location. And I could swear I've seen that pic elsewhere.
A member for 2 days, and claims to be a Square Trade member, but doesn't post the Square Trade member seal??

Good call Joey

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 06:26:33 pm »

You've seen the picture before because it's been list 2 other times.  
The first time I saw it it was in NC the second in Virginia.  This is the third time.  

Only reason I remeber it is the brown garage door in the back ground and the really bad paint job.  I tried to use the completed items search but it was too long ago.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 08:10:30 pm »

McLean VA is only 30-45 min from me. Hmmmm...I wonder if I could go see it in person in McLean London North Carolina Chicago...

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 09:20:37 pm »

I remember this one too because of the inside coin door being white.....
I'd stay clear....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 02:20:03 am »

This is so obviously a scam.

They appear all the time in the jukebox world on Ebay UK. The poor English, no paypal, Western Union, no pick etc gives it away everytime. Sometimes is possible to have a bit of fun with them. I asked once whether a particular Jukebox had coffee making facilites attached to the side and the reply was that it did and was in full working order.

Some poor sod somewhere must get done for it to be worth their while.Even when reported to Ebay it can take days for it to be removed.

Dave
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 03:56:22 pm »

Maybe we should bid it up to $1,000,000 and stick him with the fees. I also asked him if this model had the upgraded back door to keep the cats from getting caught on the inside because of the humming noise. Can't wait to see what he says. Also I hope one of you have notified the people bidding on it.
BARQS19
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 07:40:09 pm »

I emailed and asked some dumb questions like is it the model that has the upgrade kit to allow the easy hookup of a water fountain and he replied with the exact same email as posted above. Oh well
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: