SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:26:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking CL Sellers to ship parts  (Read 2883 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: June 15, 2016, 09:23:25 pm »

I've seen a couple of machines on craigslist that I'm interested in, but are too far for me to pickup. I've considered asking at least one seller if they would ship me the parts I want from the machine, and they could keep the rest, scrap it or whatever. With all the scams going around, I'm afraid that I would get in trouble for asking, especially if I offered to snail mail a postal money order.

Has anybody here had any experience with CL sellers shipping parts?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:49 pm »

I have done it a few times .  Generally pretty local like within the state.  To protect your transaction you could have them list it eBay as a Buy it Now PayPal and be good to go...
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:42:52 pm »

I have done it a few times .  Generally pretty local like within the state.  To protect your transaction you could have them list it eBay as a Buy it Now PayPal and be good to go...

That's the best idea to work with. I have met some very good people on CL as well as the biggest flakes in the world.
The sellers are usually OK with stuff like this, but you never know.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
sodahunter
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:51:21 am »

I would have no problem sending the parts, as long as payment was received first.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:32:03 am »

You should get a good sense of trust doing this the old fashioned way.......talk to him on the phone.
     I remember being skeptical of E-bay sellers too, but they have proved themselves honest at least 99% of the time.

Glen
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 10:08:44 am »

Not sure how any one else luck has been but I jumped on a oyster clock I wanted and took the guy two weeks to ship and then he kept complaining about shipping cost and I told him I would pay extra to make sure it was packed and shipped well . Of course it was broken when I got it and the transformer was missing and the hands . As you can guess I can't get a hold of him now . Will not buy anything else off Craig's list without meet and greet for pick up and payment .

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest