SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 07:23:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well....I'm back...finally  (Read 5205 times)
drfting1

« on: February 04, 2016, 08:09:35 am »

Hello everyone, been awhile since I've been on, I was going to be starting a vmc 44 restoration after my back surgery few years ago, but wound up having  issues from it,  starting to get back online and attempt the restoration, hope to use this as kind of a therapy tool.. so I might as well go ahead and reintroduce myself,  Ill copy and paste my original but updated :     

Just wanted to say HI to everyone and kind of introduce myself, My name is Bill, from Wantage NJ, always had a fascination with old coke machines, always get that old school general store feeling when I see one, well I've restored a few old cars in the past, now I'm just hooked on these old classic machines. was out riding my bike a few years ago with my wife, came across this garage sale and there it was, an old Westinghouse junior. the guy wanted $200 for it, wasn't sure if it was a good price or not, but I was in love with it. left him what I had in my pocket and was back in a couple hours with the rest of the cash and loaded it into my truck. ordered a couple small parts she was missing (still looking for a good tub), got a replacement lid from a member here (thank you again) don't remember name, lost the card that was packed with it, stripped her down to bare metal, body work, primed, base coated her with a nice older dark coke red, painted her letters, and clear coated her, clear coat was hardly even dry when I came across my next project...a very nice vmc 44....(already starting to think about what I will do after that one) so I guess that qualifies me as officially hooked.
   So I joined this group after seeing all the useful and interesting information posted by the members with tons of experience with these fine machines, The junior was basically simple and a great starter, now moving on to a coin operated one, will be interesting since I know nothing about how it operates, but I look forward to learning as I go with the help of all this information that has been shared with this group, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions and hope to be able to share some of my experience with others and receive feedback 

I used to have an online photo album that I let expire, Ill be setting up a new one shortly, with past projects and present, so this way I can get everyone's opinions and suggestions that would be able to assist me.... Thank you Bill

Bill
sodahunter
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:57 am »

Welcome back Bill.  Great bunch of folks here and a wealth of knowlege.
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:53 am »

Welcome back, and let us know how your restorations are going.

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 09:25:29 am »

Welcome Bill. Looks like you are off to a good start.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 12:31:00 pm »

Welcome back (no pund intented)

Funny how you are using the machines as therapy, and my wife says I need therapy, due to the machines.............

Enjoy.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Ross
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 12:53:27 pm »

Welcome back (no pund intented)

Funny how you are using the machines as therapy, and my wife says I need therapy, due to the machines.............

Enjoy.

It's just a matter of perspective.  Collecting and working on machines is a great stress relief, but trying to fill every available space with a machine is an addiction.  LOL

Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo V-110
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:19:51 pm »

Welcome back. Good to see another jersey member

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 06:34:06 pm »

Welcome back!!!
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 10:15:55 pm »

Always good to have a returning member. Welcome back and I'm look forward to seeing the album.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn