SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 05:18:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seems They Restored American Restoration  (Read 44860 times)
Ken Layton
5 Cent Member

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2016, 03:03:37 am »

And the gas pump was staged so bad  Oo

Yeh it was so phony about the gas pump. At the start of the show they say it's a Wayne pump then later when it's revealed all "restored", it has Gilbarco faceplates! I thought something was amiss when I saw the computer faceplates didn't quite fit and you could see around the edges into the pump.

The dummies took a Wayne 505 pump, which has the correct computer faceplates reproduced and available and stuck in Gilbarco plates.   Grrrr!

Here's what the correct faceplates look like:

http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=17663&cat=359&page=1

How could they make a gross mistake like that?

Carbon Arc --- the light that's bright is the light that's right ---for film projection that is!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2016, 09:29:28 am »

Agreed, disappointment for another show series...
The only thing these shows have to offer is they bring unusual items for us to see...  And, with all the other drama and inaccurate restorations, it's not worth my time!

My six cents,

Jim

BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2016, 10:05:05 am »

What a lame show!!! Won't be tuning in that again!
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2016, 12:13:38 pm »

I didn't think that they'd have us wanting to go back to the old show, but......

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
Ken Layton
5 Cent Member

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2016, 11:57:55 pm »

I noticed about 90% negative comments on the show's Facebook page! A lot of people do NOT like this "new" version of the show.

Carbon Arc --- the light that's bright is the light that's right ---for film projection that is!
Ken Layton
5 Cent Member

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2016, 10:56:01 pm »

Another yawner. Had a tough time staying awake watching the latest episode.

The Studebaker turned into a sink was retarded. The Grand Torino customized for wheelchair access was ok, but I wanted to see them working on the dashboard and engine, not watching them put on a door.

The Philco record player was boring. The dummy didn't even have the sense to use an isolation transformer on the amplifier chassis while it was out of the cabinet. The dummy got zapped good and blew out the circuit breaker in the building. And what's worse is he kept calling the tubes "transistors"!

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2016, 11:05:45 pm »

I wonder what they're thinking when they write this stuff? The guys on the show can't be thinking this stuff up. They wouldn't last in business.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 12:10:31 pm »

The dummy didn't even have the sense to use an isolation transformer on the amplifier chassis while it was out of the cabinet. The dummy got zapped good and blew out the circuit breaker in the building. And what's worse is he kept calling the tubes "transistors"!

Made-for-TV "Drama".  I doubt he really didn't know to do that.

I watched the second episode and decided it wasn't worth my time.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2016, 12:45:16 pm »

Yeah... I doubt it will last past the episodes already shot. Too bad.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2016, 12:51:42 pm »

I've watched some show on restoring barn find cars.. love how they show the car being pulled from the shed, taken to the shop, disassembled , parts found and or
made and then put back together all the while as a narrator talks about the history of the car and even at time shows old photos of the car in it prime...
Wish shows would do that for all these pieces. As a artist I would love to see what others do to reproduce decals, lettering and signage. on my stuff I trace all
the lettering, scan it, rebuild it in Adobe Illustrator, then take it to my buddy's sign shop to have decals made. I love fonts and try to find fonts that match the original
or have to rebuild some of them. On these programs most just show the rough before image then you see someone knock it around with a hammer, shoot some
primer then the next thing you know it restored... You miss so much of how these were put together and the details but I guess arguments and employees that
break or loose pieces are found to be more entertaining. Oh well...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: