SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 11:37:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 44  (Read 2820 times)
JerryG

« on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:49 am »

Hello everyone- I was wondering if I could get some help with a couple of questions. I recently cleaned up a 44 I got off eBay. Nice original. I changed the door liner and door seal and I would like to use can conversion rockers I got from funtronics.

Here are my issues:

Door gasket- I got from Sodaworkjerks. I have tried at least three times to reposition the liner (as much as you can) but the door gasket appears to be too think. It is binding up, hard to close, and doesn't seal completely in the upper right corner (above latch). Any advise?

Can conversion rockers- from what I have read, the conversion is supposed to be easy. I load it in the same manner as the bottles, but as soon as I vend, all the cans come out?  Am I missing something here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:56:21 am by JerryG » Logged

81A
81B
81D
V44
C72
VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 81 7up
Coin Changer (early)
Victor
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 02:29:29 pm »

You have to have at least 2 o3  cans on both sides  at all times or the will drop out.
JerryG

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:47:27 pm »

I started looking into this closer and I think the previous owner didn't put the rack back together properly. I took it out and tried to adjust the release spring according to the manual I downloaded from this site. I didn't even have to loosen the adjustment screw. It started to move freely by itself.  The pawl in the back doesn't seem to line up properly with the latch.  Does anyone have any advise or pictures to show how it should be adjusted. I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jerry

81A
81B
81D
V44
C72
VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 81 7up
Coin Changer (early)
JerryG

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:25:37 am »

I still need some assistance here. Does anyone have any photos of where the clutch release spring attaches to. I know one end attaches to the actual clutch arm.  This machine is a pain in the rear.

I figured out why the gasket wasn't fitting right. I took the liner off again and lined it up to the new one I got from funtronics. The new one was about 1/8 too big all the way around. I sanded it down all the way around and it now fits like a glove.

Jerry

81A
81B
81D
V44
C72
VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 81 7up
Coin Changer (early)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 04:26:23 pm »

Hi Jerry,
I took about 60 pictures when I tore apart my bottle stack for cleaning.  I have them on my website here:  http://littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10254

They aren't in order because of the way my phone named them but hopefully they help.  I think the piece you are talking about is shown on this picture but if not feel free to browse through them all - you might find what you are looking for:
http://littlebluespitfire.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=10415

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: