SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 08:44:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 81 Cooling unit  (Read 1703 times)
ld26
Soda Jerks

« on: June 26, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »

I've been putting it off cause I'm a little intimidated, but its time to start working on the cooling unit to my 81, I've got the wiring harness from funtronics and two new fan motors and blades,

I'm sure there is a go to topic on where to start the refurb, can anybody point me to it?

thanks

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:36:34 pm »

You can do it Lonny - just take it a step at a time, take a TON of pictures and put anything you take off into zip-top bags so you don't lose them (write on them with a Sharpie).  For the wiring, find the wiring block and remove the wires from it one at a time and pull them back.  Label the end of each wire as you remove it.  I made a simple drawing of the block, labeled each connection point with a number and noted on the wire I removed which number it came off.  When you go to put the new stuff in, just reverse the order.  Take your time and you'll be fine.

It's supposed to rain all weekend down here, so I'd be happy to come over and help you out if you feel like you'd like someone to walk through it with you.  PM me if you want.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: