SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 06:41:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Vendo Milk Machine  (Read 9601 times)
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« on: April 24, 2015, 02:22:51 pm »

I'm looking into getting this vendo milk machine from a guy I know. Its beat all to hell, but that's not what I'm worried about. The evaporator behind the shoot is missing I think. That leads me to my question. If it is missing can it be replaced? Or can I use one from any machine and extend the lines to fit it in place?

Ideal 55 Slider (Embossed Double Dot Pepsi) Restored
Ideal 35 (Generic White) Needs to be restored
Ideal 35 (Dr.Pepper) Needs to be restored
56 Square Top (Coca Cola)
Heinz Pepsi Gull Wing - Needs to be restored
Westinghouse 42T - For Sale
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:52:18 pm »

No expert here but I would hope the compressor would be the same as a Vendo 81, or Vendo 80???
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 06:42:13 pm »

I think the compressor is the same. 

You mentioned evaporator.  That part of the unit is not like anything I have seen on another type of soda machine.  It's been a while since I looked into one.  If I remember correctly, the air blows between the inner cabinet and shell then comes out of the top of the machine.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »

I never saw the insides of a milk machine but my Vendo Ice Cream machine has a static plate aluminum evaporator in it.  Basically a sheet of aluminum with the coil welded from the bottom to top, three foot high, no fan.

A lot of stuff.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:08:18 pm »

Here's a link to Curtis' Memory Lane Restorations FB page with the milk machine album, lots of good photos of the compressor that might help your questions: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.751027178298450.1073741839.126665017401339&type=3

Looks to be just the front end of a regular Vendo evaporator, with the fan mounted to the side?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:10:31 pm by tkaz » Logged

GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:31:42 pm »

I never saw the insides of a milk machine but my Vendo Ice Cream machine has a static plate aluminum evaporator in it.  Basically a sheet of aluminum with the coil welded from the bottom to top, three foot high, no fan.

Could we see pictures of your ice cream machine?   That's one machine I've never seen.

CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:33:18 pm »

Yep those photos show exactly how it is setup. To the right of the fan inside the cabinet, behind the thermostat. That's what I am talking about I think is missing. I didn't think to look for it when I was looking at it and it was dark in the building.  So can you get these cooling units new or replace the missing part? I think the Ice Cream machines were setup a bit different were they not? I've been looking at some photos of some V-80's. I think even though the evaporator is larger the cabinet it pretty much setup the same and I could get one of those to work. I'm thinking about just buying the dang thing anyway, if the price is right. Its beat all to hell, and I really don't think there is much value in the thing in the shape its in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 06:24:09 am by CoinOpCrazy » Logged

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 09:13:30 am »

Let me know if you need any other info or photos...
I will be returning home the end of the month and will be better able to look at my machine as well...

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 05:13:52 pm »

Yep,
Buy that dang thing ASAP. Missing bits will sort in time. Very nice machine. Hope you get it!
Creighton
CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 12:05:01 am »

$1,200 I passed. It's in horrible shape, and to much work for that. Easy $1,100 just in parts for me, plus paint and labor. Its just not worth the little I could have made off it.

CoinOpCrazy
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 11:40:06 am »

Okay apparently I opened pandora's box talking about this machine. Everyone and all there cousins are breathing on me now.  laugh . The machine is out of my reach now, and I have no contact with the guy that bought it but I can tell you he said something about putting it on ebay. I also can tell you he paid $1,200 for the machine so I would expect to pay more than that for it when or if he list it.

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 06:27:32 am »

GreenMo here you go.  I had some pics at work.

A lot of stuff.
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 01:41:56 pm »

GreenMo here you go.  I had some pics at work.
Thanks Larry!   That's a nice machine.  Like the color.   I've never see one before.
Swachtelncc
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 04:17:45 pm »

Larry thanks for sharing that's an awesome looking machine, bet it's the kids favorite lol
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »

And I can attest to the size of it it's Huge  tounge but iv also had ice cream from it while visiting Larry o and beer and nuts and Popcorn it's a full Buffet there in Larry basement . tounge tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

larry awesome basement
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 08:36:25 am »

And Heavy... I know I found it, delivered it and sold it to Larry.. But Very cool.. hard to believe it's all original, outside of the little sign inserts, which look awesome. incredible that the original sign was not only with it , but in such great shape.

I'm not sure if I ever posted the AS FOUND photos...

Larry did I send these to you? if not let me know and I'll send you the Hi Res photos...  it was in a vending business that was shutting down, I was there to buy another machine and found this one while there.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 10:35:18 am »

No I don't have them.  Please send them to me.

I remember meeting you in the Wisconsin Dells picking this beast up.  That beast was almost left in the parking lot.  I'm surprised that John and I could move it and not damage it.  It's over 500 pounds.  Ask Cokemachinesandmore, he was the lucky volunteer who helped me get it in the basement.  Plus we had the compressor out, the belts out, and a real strong guy who muscled it in.  I wanted to remove the front door, but it wasn't budging and I didn't want to dent it getting it off.

A member on this site, redid the black instructional decal for me from an image that I got off the internet and also created some excellent font from matching the original Fudgesicle font.  Then I had Roger,from Crow River, print the instructional decal for me, and a buddy from work used the font and added some images and we pinted them on photo paper.  It turned out perfect.  

Although it looks clean in the original pictures, there was a film of grime on it that wouldn't wash off.  I was able to use straight Simple Green and a cheap pressure washer.  The grime came off easily with the pressure washer without destroying the paint.  Afterwards I used some rubbing compund and wax, and now you can see youself in the paint.  It's a beautiful machine with minor flaws.  One of my favorites.  My wife really hates this thing and tries to get me to sell it all the time.  I told her she can use it as a casket and bury me in it.    biggrin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:53:03 am by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 01:56:59 pm »

Ok Larry , I'll send them to you this afternoon.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 07:37:53 am »

Larry that was a beast of a machine, I swear my nut sack dropped about 2 inches after that day.  Thank God i recruited Donnie to help us.  You even got a killer deal on a garge dorr out of the whole thing lol
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 11:23:21 am »

Larry that was a beast of a machine, I swear my nut sack dropped about 2 inches after that day.  Thank God i recruited Donnie to help us.  You even got a killer deal on a garge dorr out of the whole thing lol
   LOL  I know the feeling...
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: