SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:55:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Guide  (Read 21952 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2014, 07:25:57 pm »

I understand cost of restoration can be very high but the machine being restored is still the machine being restored.

I say that because of the same pricing with the Cav 72 and 96. I'm sure restoration cost is the same, 96 might even be a little more but the 72 is a more collectible machine.

If one chooses to restore a Vendo 83 and the restoration cost is say $3,000, I would still say it's not even a $500 machine.

I've talked to a couple of people who love their 83... a fully restored 83 would would pull more than $500 to the right buyer. The right buyer wouldn't be an SMC member that hates them. Obviously, a restorer is not going to speculate in that market to resell one with the limited appeal but will restore one if the cash is dropped on the desk.

Tim
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »

I've talked to a couple of people who love their 83... a fully restored 83 would would pull more than $500 to the right buyer. The right buyer wouldn't be an SMC member that hates them. Obviously, a restorer is not going to speculate in that market to resell one with the limited appeal but will restore one if the cash is dropped on the desk.

Not true Tim. If I was still restoring machines, I wouldn't restore a 83 for any price. To me it would be bad business. I would talk them into putting that money into a collectible machine. I just couldn't charge them for a restoration for a machine not worth restoring. But that's just me. I don't hate 83's, to me they just have no collector value. But, I do see your point.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 07:22:48 am »

This is where you have to be careful in writing a price guide. Just because a few people might think that the 83 is worthless there are people out there who do restore and like them. Trust me I sell parts so I know what people are doing. So to be fair in the price guide you have to put a realistic value on the machine. Not just how you feel about a machine. Trust me I feel that the Jacobs 26 is one of the most worthless machines out there, but I know there are people out there who really like them and restore them. So if I were to write a guide does that mean I would put a low value on it just because I felt it was a dog. No. I would have to be realistic and put a price on it according to the market. The market being what I have seen this machine sell for at auctions to private collectors on e-bay and craigslist and at shows. That wouldn't be what someone was asking, but actual selling prices. You have to watch all these to come up with a fair market value.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 07:47:55 am »

Trust me I sell parts so I know what people are doing.

Excellent point......... I say we ask Rod to pin new numbers into the old price guide!  happydrinkers

Glen
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 08:03:39 am »

Excellent point......... I say we ask Rod to pin new numbers into the old price guide!  happydrinkers

I say we ask Moondawg to start a column for original machines.  hopefull

I know you refurbish the good ones and keep them original and I thought you did a lot of that for your shop. Rustmort, polish, cleaned and maybe rewired for the end user sale of a cooling working machine....  You have a good pulse of what the retail asking prices are for the originals and won't undervalue them. The book price for an original is for a crappy paint, wife will kick you out for bringing it in the house, might be missing parts but can be found, and if I recall, may or may not cool!

R-12 isn't $9.99 at napa anymore, we all know cooling is a $3-600 swing in price right there because it scares lots of people off. (especially from a retail perspective because its a project not retail value) 

Tim
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2014, 10:48:32 am »

I wish I knew how to due anything like making a Book/list with Pictures &Value on a computer  :tounge:But I barely get to SMC .
The sit has the resources on machines Like My Delf  tounge 
Just need someone that's a Computer Wis and has spare time . Opps No one has spare time .

I would be happy to contribute $$ to assist someone . But We need a BOOK !!!!  Oo

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2014, 12:21:14 pm »

Would you include square tops? Are any of them gaining value? What would be the cut-off, date-wise?
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2014, 02:43:45 pm »

Would you include square tops? Are any of them gaining value? What would be the cut-off, date-wise?

Still pretty Rodney Dangerfield.. No respect.

In my opinion it wouldn't be worth with the exception of a couple. Some are collectible but a lot more are garage or game room machines. 

Tim
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:20 pm »

A needed tool, but needs input and a toolmaker. I hacked this together looks like +/-2 yrs. ago.

Data entry form is here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rxZ-s0-mFDNsrsnPpgOk6HWNVyjexu20dHTsYR3u9JM/viewform?embedded=true&formkey=dEhPWjZOcm5MaFowbHUydHA4ckZWekE6MA

View submissions here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AjCiDCpAbO7GdEhPWjZOcm5MaFowbHUydHA4ckZWekE&output=html

Pretty easy to spot there was no interest. Or the interface sucked Huh? My workload is extreme at this point. Anyone up for the project I can help on a limited basis.
Creighton

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 06:09:22 pm by Creighton » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: