SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:42:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool (modern) Coke Vendor  (Read 6285 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« on: June 20, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »

Read about these a while ago - ran across my first one "in the wild" today at a local 5 Guys. 

Pretty neat - the kids really enjoyed it.  I saw several older folks become very confused however. 

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:38:43 pm »

This machine has OVER 100 selections/flavors. Something for everyone!! I have only tried the Fanta Zero flavors as they are my favorites. Tried Sprite Zero Grape. Yech! Lemon-lime n Grape do not go together! LOL. Coke is working on scaled down versions one w/80 flavors, another w/35.
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:15:54 pm »

They are in several places around here, Burger King and a local place called Moe's. I always go with the old stand bye vanilla,cherry and Coke. It's an amazing machine!

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 11:16:10 pm »

I think this machine is called a Coke Freestyle. I've heard of them, but never seen one in person.

I bet a standard soda fountain can't hold a candle to these, price-wise. I'm guessing at least $10,000. As a restaurant or convenience store
owner, I would be concerned about previous flavor mixes left on the spout blending with the later flavors, unless I was convinced the machine
had a way to deal with that.

Wikipedia claims these things are leased for $300 a month more than a standard Coca-Cola fountain.  jawdrop

EDIT: according to howmuchisit.org, these cost around $2000 for the machine, not counting installation, etc, but note (emphasis added)-

Quote from: howmuchisit.org
To know the exact price of the coke freestyle machine, it is best to contact Coca-Cola directly and ask what it would cost you for the machine to be installed.  However, the company will be assessing if your business is eligible for the installation or not.

Yeah, I don't think these will be showing up on craigslist anytime soon. I sometimes wonder whether soda companies should have such tight control over vending devices like this. Sounds like the special "syrups" or concentrates the machine uses are more expensive anyway.

Read more: http://www.howmuchisit.org/coke-freestyle-cost/  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:53:55 am by Pixel » Logged
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 01:43:57 am »

Here's a couple other side notes about the Freestyle,

Coke enlisted Ferrari to design the dispensers cool appearance.
Coke also enlisted the medical profession to micro dose the syrup. These machines use syrup boxes the size of ink cartridges instead of the bulky 60 pound 5 gallon versions.
The only exception is they couldn't micro dose high fructose corn syrup, this remains in the back room feeding the dispenser.
This machine also reports sales and usage back to Atlanta via the internet and will also call the techies if it detects a problem.
As for the residual blending of flavors, this is not going to happen as the syrup is dispensed at the nozzle and a natural flushing occurs each time it is used. This type of multi use dispensing thru a single valve has been around for many years and has never been a problem.

I wouldn't dream about having one of these in your house, or finding one on craigslist, not going to happen unless your someone special with contacts high up in the Coke empire.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:08:30 am by stuntpilot » Logged
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 07:48:22 am »

Interesting note on the Ferrari connection for the design.  It definitely has more 'flair' than the typical machine these days.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 08:42:33 am »

Coke is working on scaled down versions one w/80 flavors, another w/35.

Well you guys think like you want, but I'm gonna start searching Craigslist for a 35.  biggrin

Glen
saturnkk

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 09:30:36 am »

It is cool.  I have used one once.

For my house though, there is just something special about pushing a crank and getting a glass bottle of pop out of a door...

Cavalier - C51 Coke
Glasco Slider Coke

Looking for:
Jacobs 56
Vendo 44
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 09:37:19 am »

When I get a fountain soda, I still mix flavors like when I was a kid. I came across one of these about a year ago and thought my head was gonna explode. Smiley

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 12:12:51 pm »

I buy these all the time from old widowed grannies who don't know what they have once their husbands have passed away.   laugh

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: