SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 12:12:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier Coca-Cola vending machine model #CSS-64FS  (Read 21432 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »

That's alright, I just didn't want to take credit I didn't deserve.

I did make a drawing of the early style deluxe though. If you'd like to see it, here it is.
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 03:10:16 pm »

Hey, that's very sharp!  That would be a good way to do concepts for paint schemes to determine the best colors to use.  Very cool.
GSP1

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:51 pm »

That's alright, I just didn't want to take credit I didn't deserve.

I did make a drawing of the early style deluxe though. If you'd like to see it, here it is.

That's very impressive. I'll try to model the resto on this one after your drawing.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 04:37:19 pm »

That's very impressive. I'll try to model the resto on this one after your drawing.

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.  smile I did a lot of research to get the style right. I based the drawing of the side on Custom Soda Works's restoration. There are different versions of the "Drink Coca-Cola" sign. One includes the text ENJOY THAT Refreshing NEW Feeling below the Drink Coca-Cola. I went with the simpler version of the sign. I do not know if it makes a difference. I think you can get either sign new at site sponsor Fun-Tronics. The signs may be reproductions, but I've heard a lot of good things about the company's work.

Hey, that's very sharp!  That would be a good way to do concepts for paint schemes to determine the best colors to use.  Very cool.

Thank you, you're right. smile Thinking along those lines, I actually produced other flavors as well. I have a separate thread about them.

Of all of the ones I made, my favorite is this Pepsi Cola Machine with 3D Sign. Cavalier never made one like this that I know of, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. To me, it looks like one that was repurposed by a Pepsi bottler in the mid-late 60's.
GSP1

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.  smile I did a lot of research to get the style right. I based the drawing of the side on Custom Soda Works's restoration. There are different versions of the "Drink Coca-Cola" sign. One includes the text ENJOY THAT Refreshing NEW Feeling below the Drink Coca-Cola. I went with the simpler version of the sign. I do not know if it makes a difference. I think you can get either sign new at site sponsor Fun-Tronics. The signs may be reproductions, but I've heard a lot of good things about the company's work.

Thank you, you're right. smile Thinking along those lines, I actually produced other flavors as well. I have a separate thread about them.

Of all of the ones I made, my favorite is this Pepsi Cola Machine with 3D Sign. Cavalier never made one like this that I know of, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. To me, it looks like one that was repurposed by a Pepsi bottler in the mid-late 60's.

You're welcome. I wont be starting on it anytime soon. I'll save it out of the weather and get to it when I can. So far I've found most of what I need for it, other than the trim.
GSP1

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »

I just picked it up. It's a model CS-64E. Is there somewhere that I can find the exact you by looking up the serial number?
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 05:08:12 pm »

Did you meant the exact year? I don't know about these early models, but the later woodgrain-style ones had a squarish foil sticker on the back side of the coin door, with the serial number and date stamped into it. The woodgrain model I had was made in 1977, for example. With the back of the coin door facing you, look near the top and to the left of the coin entry.

I'm not sure if they did that on the earlier styles though, but it's worth a shot.
GSP1

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 05:47:05 pm »

Did you meant the exact year? I don't know about these early models, but the later woodgrain-style ones had a squarish foil sticker on the back side of the coin door, with the serial number and date stamped into it. The woodgrain model I had was made in 1977, for example. With the back of the coin door facing you, look near the top and to the left of the coin entry.

I'm not sure if they did that on the earlier styles though, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks, I'll look tomorrow after I take it off of the trailer. I'm taking it for longterm storage until I have time to work on it.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 08:14:57 pm »

I've been meaning to ask you, did you find the label I was talking about on the inside of your coin door? If not, I'm not really sure where else to look
for it date information, unless they happen to have stamped it on the ID tag on the left side of the machine. I wanted to know if the earlier ones
featured that label.
GSP1

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »

I've been meaning to ask you, did you find the label I was talking about on the inside of your coin door? If not, I'm not really sure where else to look
for it date information, unless they happen to have stamped it on the ID tag on the left side of the machine. I wanted to know if the earlier ones
featured that label.

I looked, but didn't see anything. One thing I thought of was that if I could find out the years Cavalier made the CS-64E models, it could narrow it down a bit. I would doubt they would make more than one version of the 64 bottle capacity machine at the same time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: