SMC Discussion Areas
June 19, 2024, 02:41:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illustrated CSS-64 (Early 60's model)  (Read 3059 times)
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« on: October 14, 2013, 08:44:56 pm »

I like drawing on the computer. Some time ago, I drew a fictional branded soda machine. I finally got up the gumption to try drawing an actually used design. I went with an early style square-top Cavalier slant shelf, as I like the way they look, and plenty of pictures are available.

I have no formal art training, and I've only seen this style 64 in person once that I can remember, briefly. So I had to consult quite a few pictures. I wasn't shooting for perfection but I still tried to get a fairly high degree of accuracy. Below are the results. I have these pictures hosted on Flickr, so I hope it works okay.

These are all at 1280x1200 including the border. I tried to strike a balance between a good size and level of detail.

Original Coca-Cola

Custom Soda Flavors

Pepsi Cola
Pepsi Cola (with 3D Sign)

The 3D sign was something of an experiment. The side views do not have trim visible.

I decided to do these after Rebel showed off that Alabama machine in the post about custom lighted displays.  

Collegiate Machines

University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), in Red
University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), in Blue
Mississippi State University, in White
Mississippi State University, in Maroon

I've included smaller images Of a couple of the I made to show directly on the forum. They're posted at the bottom.

I do various bits of graphic work all the time. I've been encouraged to apply for a graphic design job, but I've never really felt I was good enough.

Cavalier CSS-64 Info Card

Say "Pepsi, please!" Fictional advertising card.

Please let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:21:08 pm by Pixel » Logged
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »

Nice job, I really liked the Pepsi with the 3D sign.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »

Thank you.  biggrin The Pepsi machines are my favorite of the set too. Pepsi may have used a different style in the early 60's, I'm not sure. I always liked this one though with the red white and blue side.

I'm really pleased with the way the Pepsi's turned out, even more so than the original Coca-Cola.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:10:12 pm »

Fantastic, I copied one of your cards for my reference file. Thanks!

Glen
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:42 am »

Nice Job. Looks great

Greg
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »

I'm very pleased they are meeting with approval.  smile I have a couple of other flavors, I just haven't got them ready to post yet.

There's something about which I could use some clarification. My understanding is that this basic style is shared between an "E" model, and an "F" model, with the major difference being how the door hinges are installed on the machine body. My illustrated 64 has two groups of three round bolt heads on the drawing of the left side, one group nearer the top and the other nearer the bottom. Are those bolts holding the door hinge through the body, and would that make the drawings above all 64E ?

One of MoonDawg's photos showed a 96 with no bolt heads on the left side, that I can see. Would that make it a 96F?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:34:43 pm by Pixel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: