SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 12:37:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The one that we let go of .  (Read 5687 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: October 14, 2013, 09:44:00 pm »

All of us have more projects than we can  hope to  finish. The reality is
We figure we will have time to do them all but we will buy a better one
 And use the other for parts or a future trade .
But what about the one that was in our collection that we let
go of , The one that now haunts us   the one we wish we would have keep .

Mine was a Selectivend  9-A  I bought it and it was a wreck, I  restored it (one of my first restorations)
Used it for a month and put it on eBay for !%@$ & giggles  and it sold  I was happy that some one really like it
And when the gentleman show up to pick it up , I got a little sad about letting it go  . It when down to  GA 
In the heart of Coca Cola country  .
I do wonder how it looks now  if it still looks good or if it has fallen to disrepair .

That is the one I wish I would have kept .
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 10:06:20 pm »

Been there with cars I've built through the years and now having trouble letting my 7up machine go. I know I'll miss it and would never run across another Peter Max V63 so here we go again,,what to do, what to do.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:08:57 am »

I lost the motor in a 1982 Renault LeCar when I discovered it locked up one year. It was my first car. The rest of it was junk, but the motor was excellent, and the 4-speed transmission was solid. While France isn't overly famous for it's cars, I'd put that motor up against the four cylinders Ford built during that time without batting an eye.

Been there with cars I've built through the years and now having trouble letting my 7up machine go. I know I'll miss it and would never run across another Peter Max V63 so here we go again,,what to do, what to do.

It's not really my business Rebel, but could you find a standard 7-up sign to put on the machine and keep the Peter Max one?
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:49:55 am »

I bought a 7up Peter Max light up sign yesterday at a antique store. They are out there

But back to the question......

Probably my VMC 81 DP that I built a few years ago

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:14:31 am »

I lost the motor in a 1982 Renault LeCar when I discovered it locked up one year. It was my first car. The rest of it was junk, but the motor was excellent, and the 4-speed transmission was solid. While France isn't overly famous for it's cars, I'd put that motor up against the four cylinders Ford built during that time without batting an eye.

It's not really my business Rebel, but could you find a standard 7-up sign to put on the machine and keep the Peter Max one?

Had crossed my mind Pixel and may do that very thing. Am talking to seller on Ebay now who has had the first exactly like mine, only larger so thinking of cutting it down to size. The single 7UP logo in the center of night sky with stars and clouds at bottom is the difference. Have been unable to find any pictures on the net that is same. There are many with 2 logos and other arrangements of his usual subject matter.

Still off subject but,,,,my two cars I miss was my first 55 Chevy 2 door post and a 69 Road Runner, 4spd bench seat. There is another,,and was my last that I never completed,,an 89 Chevy Astro van with shaved door handles,350 small block and Corvette IRS and Mustang GT rack and pinion.
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:28:48 am »

an 89 Chevy Astro van with shaved door handles,350 small block and Corvette IRS and Mustang GT rack and pinion.

Sounds like the "VANDURA" options. LOL

Mine was my first car 1971 Buick GS Stage 1 Conv. I can just imagine what that car is worth today. A couple of years ago I had to sell my 67 Firebird after I was laid off to pay bills. I've already told the wife that I will get another one. She has actually started to help me find one.

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 09:47:39 am »

Great thread,

I started a 1954 Bastian Blessing soda fountain 10 years ago.  I just finished it.  I have a Seeburg 100 I started 12 years ago still in pieces.  Here is some sound advise to the new guys.  Do not dismantle the machine (what ever your are restoring) until you are ready to start it and finish it.  I cant say you may lose an engine, but some trim pieces and small bezels will magically disappear.

Just my .02

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:04:21 pm »

Great thread,

I started a 1954 Bastian Blessing soda fountain 10 years ago.  I just finished it.  I have a Seeburg 100 I started 12 years ago still in pieces.  Here is some sound advise to the new guys.  Do not dismantle the machine (what ever your are restoring) until you are ready to start it and finish it.  I cant say you may lose an engine, but some trim pieces and small bezels will magically disappear.

Just my .02

BC

have to agree with this... I have half a dozen vending machines in pieces waiting for me one day to put them back together again.

its great fun tearing them down. Not so good trying to remember how to put them back together again.

As for something I wish I'd never let go. My Vendo 56 that I sold to my brother at the price it cost me only for him to sell it on for a big profit about six months later.

Dave
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 12:19:03 pm »

I lost the motor in a 1982 Renault LeCar when I discovered it locked up one year.

I didn't misplace it just let it ruin, apparently  darn I think it had probably froze busted the previous winter. We're usually very careful not to let that happen, but I guess between us I and my dad thought the car radiator had been filled with antifreeze.

I do rather regret doing away with the Coca-Cola Choice Vend I had, especially since I was out most of the money I spent on it. I just had no way of fixing something so large and heavy. I don't think they're bad machines at all, they're just way too much to work on without plenty of help and a good place.
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »

I regret selling off a rockola 39 std that came out of the music hall in Kc . I was a very nice untouched original . I sold it to fund finishing my basement  down

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 07:19:28 pm »

When I first started collecting I came across a Silver King Penny Duck Hunt game in my now local antique shop. Passed on it cause I couldn't justify spending "that much" money on it.  Despite them being not that hard to come by, I still haven't found one in that good of condition for that good of a price again.

Hind site is always 20/20

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:15 pm »

Last summer I lost my job rather suddenly with my wife almost 9 months pregnant and I had a panic sale. I had just picked up the 2 stoner theaters and had big plans for them but they were the first to go. I miss them a whole lot more than that job.

Many lessons learned.
Lesson 1.  Don't panic.. It will work out. You will regret selling whatever it was.
Lesson 2.  Don't bring it to your supervisor's attention that a something is illegal in a cut-throat corporate environment.
Lesson 3.  If you do lesson 2, line up a good employment attorney ahead of time to save time!

Tim
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 11:48:24 pm »

Not vending machine related but I picked up an all original 65 Impala SS from the original owners son back in 1987. He had parked it in the back of a lot and never did anything with it. I picked it up for 500.00 cash. I sold it 6 years later after buying my first new vehicle. I miss that car more than anything I have ever owned. I was young and well lets just say I didn't always make the best decisions as a teenager  glare

~ Bryan
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 09:33:01 am »

Last summer I lost my job rather suddenly with my wife almost 9 months pregnant and I had a panic sale. I had just picked up the 2 stoner theaters and had big plans for them but they were the first to go. I miss them a whole lot more than that job.

Many lessons learned.
Lesson 1.  Don't panic.. It will work out. You will regret selling whatever it was.
Lesson 2.  Don't bring it to your supervisor's attention that a something is illegal in a cut-throat corporate environment.
Lesson 3.  If you do lesson 2, line up a good employment attorney ahead of time to save time!

Great advise.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: