SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 03:54:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeberg 3W1 Wallbox Question  (Read 5590 times)
jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« on: May 31, 2013, 11:29:47 pm »

Just got a Seeberg 3W1 wallbox. My question is does it need to have power to it and or a coin inserted in order to depress the selector buttons?
Thanks, Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Bally Lucky Alley Contact Ball Bowler
Williams Gold Mine Shuffle Bowler
Williams Funhouse Pinball
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Gas Pumps
Numerous Vintage Cars
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:33:53 am »

If I understand your question correctly, no, the buttons should press in easily as it sits. When hooked up and working correctly (which mine isn't so I can't be 100% sure), I believe once you insert a coin, a depressed letter and number would stay locked in until it cycles the selection to the main jukebox.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:11:13 am »

Oldskoolcoinop has it right. The buttons should be free..

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 07:43:54 am »

I believe once you insert a coin, a depressed letter and number would stay locked in until it cycles the selection to the main jukebox.
Correct, so it needs power from the Stepper/Selection Unit to function provided each particular piece of the system operates correctly.

My six cents,

Jim

jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:08:19 pm »

Thanks, I have a 3WA that works that way, so when I got the 3W1 and the buttons would not depress I was not sure. Since my 3W1 buttons will not depress what should I look for?
Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Cars
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 02:37:22 am »

Sorry Jeff not technically gifted enough to give you a definitive answer. Others here are though.

My thoughts are perhaps yours is half way through a cycle and the buttons have locked in.

If I get a chance I'll open up my 3W1 today and have a look.

Dave
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 09:00:07 am »

Do you have a key to open it? If not, how far out are the buttons sticking in relation to the cover? The buttons should normally protrude about a half inch in relation to the cover and about a quarter inch when depressed. Perhaps your buttons are all stuck in? I don't see anything that would mechanically prevent the buttons from being pressed if everything is moving freely. Even when making a selection, and one button is being held in, simply pressing another letter or number releases the one previously pressed in. So, I'm guessing and it really is just a guess, that you have possible rust or corrosion issues binding up the button shafts. Pics of that area with the cover removed would help if possible. Good luck!
jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 02:30:38 pm »

I do have the key so I will take a look. I was told the unit was operational when I purchased it so not sure what's up. I have a 25 v transformer I can hook up to it and see what happens when I drop in a coin.  I will let you know and post a pic. Everything you say is how my 3WA works but I do not have a juke to hook up to. Plan on getting one of the IPod converters that use a wall box to select and play.
Thanks, Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Cars
jrwienri
5 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »

So I took a look and this is what I see. There is a bar that is connected to an arm from the motor drive that depresses a release for the buttons. See my photos below. If I depress the bar the buttons will depress but they do not latch. My 3WA latches. I think I need to power it up and see if the motor is in mid cycle like suggested by Dave. Or maybe this is the rest position before dropping in a coin? Was hoping someone might have one and they could tell me how theirs works.

Jeff

Vendo 81D
U-Pop-It
Haweye Peanut Warmer
Seeberg 3W1 Wall Box
Seeberg 3WA Wall Box
Stoner Jr with Gum Wheel
Numerous Vintage Cars
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 05:18:01 pm »

I believe Dave is correct as well now, you probably are in mid cycle. My motor rotates and swings that arm you are pointing to after a selection is made and it is pulsing the jukebox, locking the other buttons from being pressed at that time. I never noticed that before. Guess I just never tried. The buttons are locked only for a brief moment while cycling. Yours must just happen to be in the exact right position. Now we both know  Cool. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. On the other hand, looks like a nice clean unit you have. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: