SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 11:23:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 Mile Ride for the Cure  (Read 8623 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »

By now most of you have probably noticed that my signature on SMC says:

ON AUGUST 3, 2013, I AM RIDING 100 MILES FOR THE CURE TO HONOR MY WIFE ON THE FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF HER BEING CANCER-FREE.  MY GOAL IS TO BE THE TOP FUNDRAISER!

PLEASE SPONSOR MY RIDE:

http://midmichigan.info-komen.org/goto/McD2013

As many of you know, my wife (who puts up with a helluva a lot due to my SMC hobby) was diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer about this time in 2008.  She went through two surgeries, a full year of chemotherapy and several weeks of radiation.  She recently got great news from the Oncology/Radiology department at University of Michigan's Comprehensive Cancer Center.  FIVE YEARS ALL CLEAR!  This is a significant milestone for all cancer survivors.

Since my wife was diagnosed, I have been a tireless fundraiser for breast cancer research, education, prevention and treatment.  Far too many women (and men) are impacted by this disease.  I have done several 3-Day for the Cure Walks as well as three Ride for the Cure events.  This year I will be helping out on route safety for the Michigan 3-Day Walk; however, my main breast cancer related fundraiser will be the Komen Mid-Michigan Ride for the Cure.  On August 3rd, I will ride 100 miles with many other cyclists to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer prevention, education and research.  My goal is $10,000 or $100 per mile.  My second goal is to finish in less than 6 hours which will require me to beat last year's time by 47 minutes or average 16.67 mph.  I have been spinning all winter long to help with the second goal.

As an added incentive to my donors, I will be "raffling off" an Apple I-Pad.  For every $50 contributed to my ride effort, your name will go on three tickets for the drawing.  The winner to be selected upon conclusion of my ride.  If you choose not to take the prize, I will donate the value of the prize in your honor to Komen for the Cure.

Thank you all for any support you can throw my way.  Below is a picture of my son and I at last years Ride--taking a break after about 25 miles.

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:07:32 pm »

Thanks Fox Creek for supporting my Ride!

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »

Thank you Ken Barrett for supporting my Ride! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »

Thank you Tom Barnes for supporting my Ride!  happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:26:59 pm »

I know it is not a Vendo DeCapper for $500 or a free Vendo 81 but it is still something that is very important to me and the women in all of our lives.   smile

Just thought I would bump this one more time in case anybody else wanted a shot at winning an I-Pad!  My ride is coming up in 10 days and there is still an Apple I-Pad to be won!  That's right--just one week from Saturday, I will be hopping on my bicycle to ride 100 miles to raise money and awareness for Komen for the Cure!

hopefull PLEASE SPONSOR MY RIDE:

http://midmichigan.info-komen.org/goto/McD2013

As an added incentive to my donors, I will be "raffling off" an Apple I-Pad.  For every $50 contributed to my ride effort, your name will go on three tickets for the drawing.  The winner to be selected upon conclusion of my ride.  If you choose not to take the prize, I will donate the value of the prize in your honor to Komen for the Cure.

My wife is a five year survivor so this event is very important to me.  Through my involvement with Komen I have become friends with many other breast cancer survivors and far too many women are affected by this disease.  I am looking forward to the day when we will have a world without breast cancer or any cancer as far as that goes!

Thank you for any support you can throw my way.  My goal is $10,000 and I am in the $7,000 range at this point in time.

drinking Tim drinking

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:23:16 am »

Tim,
Good luck and, if I win the I-Pad, please donate it!
Ride safe!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 01:04:38 pm »

Thanks Jim Holmgren for supporting my Ride! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks