SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 06:25:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier Model Identification Help  (Read 2845 times)
Greg613

« on: May 10, 2013, 12:32:43 pm »

I am new to this site, so a little intro. My father picked up this machine a few years ago and I got it from him about a year ago when downsized houses. It runs great, but there are a couple of things I would like to do to spruce it up. The first thing is replace the door glass, but I think I need to know what model machine I have before I can order.

From research, I think it is a 64, but there seem to be a lot of varieties of those. Is there a way to identify exactly which model I have? I don't see it on the plate and there were some papers attached on the inside door of the machine, but they are barely readable at this point.

In the future, I will either replace the wood grain vinyl or remove it and paint the machine. There are also some pieces of chrome that I may replace and it is missing the bezel around the bottle cap opening.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 01:16:45 pm »

Welcome.

You could just remove the glass, take it to your local glass shop and ask them to duplicate it.

Glen
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »

It looks like a CSS-64, but has features of both the older (red) and newer (wood grain) style.  The bezel and bottom look like they are the older style, but the wood grain is indicative of the later one.  Maybe a transitional model?

Either way - you know it is a Cavalier, figure out how many bottles it holds and that should get you pretty close to the model.  It isn't a USS, because of the bottle gates.  If it holds 64 bottles, I would go with it being a CSS-64.  The sponsors here (Fun-Tronics and Soda Jerk Works) should be able to get you replacement glass. 

I posted a small tutorial on replacing the glass in a USS-64, it should be very similar for a CSS if not the same:
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,16930.0.html

Good luck and welcome!

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Greg613

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:45:09 pm »

Thank you Jim. I believe the screws for mine are on the hinge side of the door so I would have to remove the door. That will be fun.

I will reach out to Funtronics and see if they have any ideas, otherwise I will remove them first and measure them.
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »

I would change the sign and the wood grain for sure.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest