SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 11:35:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this machine worth the money?  (Read 4397 times)
« on: December 03, 2004, 02:28:31 pm »

Hey everyone,

I found this machine on ebay that ends in about 2 hours.  I was wondering if you think this machine is worth 75 bucks maybe if I were to bid on it, it's only at 51 dollars right now.  Let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....50&rd=1

It has some rust and only has 4 shelves, turns on and cools, but no lighting.

Any input would be great.

-Derek
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 04:31:18 pm »

Well everyone,

I won the machine.  Only $64.98!  I would say that is a steal.  Now I only have to drive 5 hours to go pick it up.

-Derek
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 06:24:51 pm »

The only problems are that first he doesn't say whether it cools or not. It just says that it runs which could just be the fans. Also every one of the vend gates are missing so in order for this machine to ever be used again as a money vendor it will need an entire new bottle rack. The machine is cavalier cs64F model. I just bought one the other day that by the way does cool I found out for $50.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 09:22:01 pm »

Yeah,

I wondered about the vending gates.  Under the questions he asked he said it did cool.  I guess I'll decide what to do about the vend gates once I get the machine painted and all that jazz.  I would like it to take money but it's not a necessity right away.

Hopefully when I put an ad in the paper I'll find some better machines.  You seem to have good luck finding them.

-Derek
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:46:51 pm »

I buy alot of parts machines. I will keep my eyes open for a Cav 64 bottle meck for you. I just sold 2 about 7 weeks ago. I should be able to find something, meanwhile if you find a parts machine I need some cavalier 64 shelves. I just sold two complete sets and now I need them. Oh well.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 12:37:36 am »

yeah, I'll keep a look out.

I may end up using this 64 as a parts machine.  I have a CS-80 and many of the parts are the same looking from a manual I bought online.  I would probably switch the cooling system(if it's working like it says) and the sign, and then use the rest for parts.

I do have 4 shelves I'm getting with the 64.  If I decide to use it as a parts machine, I could probably hook you up with these spare shelves..

-Derek
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 01:15:55 am »

That would be great. Let me know what you decide to do.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 11:17:08 am »

Also if you decide to part it out I would like to buy the sign frame from you. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: