SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 11:28:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Decapper  (Read 26111 times)
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:38 pm »

I have added a picture to help understand what machine I'm referring to.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 11:27:15 pm »

I wouldnt give a penny more than 430,000 in my opinion.  oops

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 01:06:09 am »

Not sure what is going on here. Are you serious about purchasing a De-Capper?
If so there are not very many made so that would make it a sellers' market...with the seller setting the starting price.
Make a counter offer and hope something gets worked out.

How does the the Siphonmix enter into this fray?
Nice enough in their own right but no Vendo Decapper by any streach of the imagination.

Confused.
Creighton

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 02:19:27 am »

I wouldn't pay $450,000 for any coke machine. I won't ever have $450,000.

However, there are people out there that have that sort of cash lying around and I can imagine that they wouldn't
think twice about spending it on something they really want for their collection. If "The Decapper" is the last piece
then I could see it selling for that. Not to me or anyone else here I'd imagine. But there are people out there
that earn this sort of money in a day.

Creighton is right. Its his and he can ask what he likes. The only person that is going to buy it is someone who knows what
it is.

BTW - I prefer your machine to a decapper any day of the week. I've got $439,000 if you're interested...

Dave
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:12 am »

Creighton, Yes I would love to purchase a decapper just like many of us to add to my collection. When I sent the email I had no idea who this person was and had no prior contact. I was just a little shocked at the response I got back from him. It was more in his delivery. Like I said a simple " No its not for sale or I would sell it for 450,000. Instead he responded "No, FYI, Decappers are now $450,000 USD and sold as Industrial revolution Smithsonian quality items, not coke machines". No where in my email did I say Coke Machine or make a remark about it not being a quality item or worth that in my first email. At this point he could offer it to me for $1,000 and I would say no thanks.

The only reason I brought the Siphonmix into he conversation was to make a point.  My point being exactly what you said. He has a machine that is one of only several, that he values at 450,000. I have a the siphonmix which is one of one known to exist. So I was making a sarcastic remark back to him that I guess I can personally value mine at 1,000,000. He then started to make inaccurate comments about my machine like a rich spoiled brat. This is not the first time I've heard these rumors, apparently coming from from him and his friend. I wanted to stop the rumors before they affect the value of my machine or Industrial revolution Smithsonian quality item. LOL I put my proof out there so everyone can see these are false rumors started by someone who was unable to buy the machine. Dave, Thanks for the comment I think you just raised the value of my machine some more. I'll let you know when I sell it. biggrin
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:12:33 am by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »

Here is a post that I posted in 2008

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php?topic=8621.0

One sold years ago on ebay that was in a warehouse fire it was restorable and needed a restoration for around $25,000.

Walters Had one, Huffman has one, Schmidt museum had two they still may be there?? I have not heard of them being auctioned off yet?

They are out there but indeed rare. and HUGE!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:20:28 pm by coke_and_stuff » Logged

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 03:16:07 pm »

I know the guy you are talking about and he is from Canada. I think the two decappers he has came from the Schmidt museum. Not 100% on that.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 04:45:03 pm »

I read that post the other day. Those are some great pictures of a rare decapper. I wish I could have gone to that museum and seen them in person. Maybe someday I'll get to add one to the collection.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

Yes would be cool to see one in operation... sure would be cool if someone had one to post of video of it working... as it would be quite a marvel to see?

The guy I know, used to restore a ton of machines and was one of the big collectors back quite a few years ago... he owned two of them at one time in the late 80's ..

not sure what he got for his when he sold them, but if I can track him down, i may just have to see if he'll tell me..

according to the tag on the machine in the museum, it says 251 where made, which debunks the myth that only 7 where made? but based on size I'm sure not many survived as when old factories or buildings where destroyed I'm sure these where considered "built in " equipment and got demolished with the rest..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »

I was just goofing around and searching again and this post came up on the Vintage Vending site under Decapper.. it's dated just a few days ago...  so for those of you who want one.. this guy HAS TWO.. Get your checkbooks out...

post on Vintage Vending:  
http://www.vintagevending.com/vendo-coca-cola-bottle-decapperDan Wesley // Mar 23, 2013 at 9:20 am

http://www.vintagevending.com/vendo-coca-cola-bottle-decapper

http://www.vintagevending.com/the-vendo-decapper-in-production#more-2015

http://www.vintagevending.com/

Hello Mark Nylen, if this gets to you, then email me back, I have two Decappers and wanted to talk to you.

I am in Reno or San Fran mostly.
 Regards, Dan
 Email: f86esabre2@aol.com
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:38:29 pm by johnieG » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: