SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:54:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone looking for newer can machines  (Read 4008 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: November 17, 2004, 07:05:10 am »

I am just wondering if anyone here is looking for newer Vendo can machines. I have run into a stash of mid 80's Vendo cans machines at $100 each. They are mostly the machines with the flat light up front pannel and are 5 selection with the coke button being bigger than the rest. I am buying one myself and I don't want to make anything off of them I just wanted to know if anyone might want one for their garage or something. Only one of them has a dollar accepter but it is a huge machine. They are located in Daytona Beach Fl. Oh yeah they don't have coin changers but I have a bunch of untested ones that I m sure I can find one that works. Let me know if anyone wants one. Here is a pic that I found on the net. This is a similar machine.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 08:49:47 am »

What concition are they in? Do they cool and do they vend?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 09:34:35 am »

They are in good condition. They have been stored outside, but they are not rusted. They have bumps and bruises from being in service but they are in descent shape. He says that they all cool, and did work but he has missplaced the coin changers. he removed them so people wouldnt take them and he doesn't remember what happened to them. He says he bought them to put on site and he never got around to it. This isn't something I am trying to make money on. I just wanted to help you all out. I am getting one tonight and I might get another tomorrow. My painter wants a can machine for his shop so I figured that it would be a nice thank you tip from me. He does a great job and his price is really resonable.  I believe there are 2 more machines like what is pictured but they are slightly larger and 3 more that are much bigger. I don't mind buying them and shipping them to you or if you live locally I will take you to them and you can deal with him directly.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:09:29 pm »

If I lived a little closer I would drive and get one. Though finances right now are not in any shape to be buying another coke machine. I'm in the middle of redoing a Cavalier c6-174g. Im in Columbia SC, which is not that great of a distance to drive and get one, but I am going to pass on this. Thanks.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 12:25:13 pm »

No problem. If anyone else is interested let me know.
KreKol
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 04:31:59 pm »

I would be, but I am afraid of the cost of getting them to Kansas.  Need a couple for my wife's boss businesses.  My wife won't let me take my new machine out of the basement to put at one of the businesses.  It is a early 90s Dixie Narco Pepsi can machine.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 05:38:33 pm »

Well I wil; now say beware. The machine was unable to be tested on site and I got it home and it doesn't cool. It is a nice straight machine and is rust free. It is a different model than the rest of the machines. It is a Vendo 128. I have posted a pic. Everything works. It turns on and vends. The compressor works and it tries to cool. The air even becone slightly cool and the lines get slightly cool, but it doesnt get cold enough. What do you all think. I will post this in the refrigeration section as well.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 05:42:21 pm »

inside
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 05:42:49 pm »

inside
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 09:18:26 pm »

One way to prevent buying an unknown machine is to take power with you when checking out a machine. Now I realize this is not feasible for everyone but since I'm in the Florida panhandle and we just went through Hurricane Ivan I have to small generators handy.

Last weekend when I went to see that Cavalier CC4-126 I took one along. It helped but I was a little too experienced to do more than see if the compressor hummed. It did, I worked a deal with the guy to buy it for a measily $35 this morning. It'll be a good starter machine to play with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: