SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:49:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of PAM Clocks  (Read 9773 times)
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 03:11:42 pm »

Nice job, I really like both of them. I'm kicking around picking up a Squirt locally.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 01:28:58 am »

Well the clocks were a hit.  They both really liked them and had to text pics to their friends.  Now they are arguing over who's clock is cooler.  I can see this becoming a Christmas tradition, one collectible present every year. Beats the heck out of socks and underwear. Only problem is there are 2 more boys.  The younger ones aren't into the collectible stuff yet, but if they ever are, I'll have to start planning earlier in the year.  Maybe next year Coke Buttons or thermometers all around.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 08:03:29 am »

Great idea, I am trying to get my youngest son interested in collectables. I told him one day they would be his. He just wanted to know how much he could get for them.  Oh well I guess you have to start somewhere.

Greg
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:43:09 am »

Very nice job Brian.

Great idea on giving them to the kids for Christmas.  Better watch out, you are starting them on the addiction at a young age.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 11:35:42 am »

Excellent introduction to collecting.
      This could turn into some pocket change for kids who can identify what is really vintage.
       Ride the bikes to all the garage sales looking for early advertising signs and clocks, then sell them on e-bay !

Glen
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »

wow, ive been trying for a year and a half to buy stuff from him.  I finally had to go a different route
ClassicCokeLover
10 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 09:16:11 am »

I would love to pick up some vintage clocks, however there are so many being sold as original and they are not. New faces put into old cases and such. I like the double bubble clocks, but need more info before buying.

Glasco GBV-50 (original)
Glasco GBV-50 (restored)
Moderne Vendor 1920's Hershey Machine
5 Cent Hershey Machine NOS
Adams Gum Machine
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:41 pm »

One of my clocks is an original - the Squirt.  The other is exactly what you said - a new face in an old case.  Don't intend to represent it as anything else, but it is now something nice to display whereas before it may have been the ugliest PAM clock ever  made.  Unless Cornelius ever made one.  Below is the original glass.  Even if the paint hadn't been fried by oversized bulbs, the subject matter was still a big brown bottle of herbecide with plain block letters touting Paraquat CL.   I have to laugh thinking of the marketing guys putting the design together, looking at it, and saying "Yeah, this looks good, lets put it on a clock!"  Worked to my favor, picked up a working clock for $30 and turned it into a unique Xmas present. 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: