SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 11:00:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jones Plug Wires  (Read 3738 times)
navychi

« on: August 21, 2012, 09:20:41 pm »

I have a lacrosse with a coinco 9800A, 8 pin and one round. The male end is not the issue all wires intact. The female end the wires were cut away and I need to know what to run into which numbered spot on it. I am guessing 1 and 2 are the power in? Can anybody help me out with this?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:23:07 pm »

haven't had this question in a while, welcome to the site & here's the basic pinout of the 115 Volt Jones socket/plug click on it to make it bigger...enjoy
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:26:37 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
navychi

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:46:45 pm »

Thank you JohnieG!
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »

Yep!

11 is louder than 10...
navychi

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:31:54 am »

OK, I got the wires into the female side correct and when I put power to it I hear a click. I have the coinco set up for 25 cent vend, when I drop a quarter or two dimes and a nickel into the coin slot it is now routed into the coin box and not to the coin return as it was doing before. But it still will not trip the selnoid to vend. Any other suggestions? And please keep it simple I am electrically challenged  biggrin
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 01:05:02 pm »

LaCrosse's are wired a bit differently than other machines, the vending solenoid is up on the top of the rack
behind a metal cover, there are about three wires heading up there along a side channel cover, you'll see the solenoid in plain site, sounds like it's activating from what you've said, but the cotter pin may be missing, it's what links it to the vending racks mechanics proper, check that first, then make sure that it is moving freely & not sticking, you may also see the vending carrier stack switch next to it and you may have the portal light socket too, be aware that the wire harness has two Hots 1 for the solenoid which also wire through the carrier switch, 1 for the light, & one COMMON neutral...also watch yur fingers as the light socket is always "On" & the terminals are exposed up there, it's very easy to get them across the back of you hand when poking around up there with the power on, so unplug the machine first.

11 is louder than 10...
navychi

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

I actually replaced the solenoid with a new one and new cotter pin, and ran new wires up behind the channel cover. The clicking I hear in in the coin changer and the solenoid is in the extended position and stays there. With power off I push in the plunger in and the machine will vend. but when I put the power to it the plunger stays in the out position and putting a coin in the changer does nothing. There is a light but I am not wiring the light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: