SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 05:09:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Requirements\Recommendations - WD5 and USS64 Coke Machines  (Read 1880 times)
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« on: March 10, 2012, 09:26:57 am »

I'll be getting a WD-5 and probably a USS64 (if the price is reasonable and I think it will be) soon and was wondering if they both can be run on the same 15 amp circuit. Not sure how much power these guys draw. Regular refrigators usually require a dedicated circuit.

I could have another dedicated line run but I am down to my last open circuit in my 20 circuit subpanel (my 200 amp and 150amp panels are also full)!   

Also, would you run these off a GFI? Both systems will have reworked compressors and new cords, I think,  but I'm a little concerned about the safety of reworked 45-60 year old components.

And, does anyone know what it costs to run each of these?

Any advice would be appreciated!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:12:27 am »

The machines will not draw anymore than a regular refridgerator.  I have a USS-64 that I use everyday.  It is plugged in to a GFI outlet but not on a dedicated circuit.  Although, it is in the basement and the rest of the plugs do not get normal use.  You should inspect all of the wiring on those machines and install a new wiring harness if the old wire is at all suspect.  I guess your suggestion of a dedicated circuit for the machine makes sense.  I will have to add that to my basement remodel plans.

drinking Tim drinking
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

At my old house I put my coke machine on a different breaker 20amp than my freezer .  That way if either one tripped they both didnt go.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: