SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 01:48:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin mech issue?  (Read 4064 times)
Fiasco

« on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:16 pm »

Bought a Vendorlator 256, pulled all the can racks out and ran through the refrigeration system and put it all back together. On the first few attempts I would put .50$ in and the machine would vend fine. When I put the .50$ in the "use exact change" light would turn off and the machine would vend with no issues. Now, when I put .50$ in the "use exact change" light will flash on the second quarter and the machine will not vend. Any ideas? If you need more info I can provide it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:57:52 pm »

Not familiar with that particular machine but many machines need to have a certain amount of product in them before they will vend so the machine will not vend all of the cooled product.  It could be that your machine has the same requirement.  Just guessing though!

drinking Tim drinking
Fiasco

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

I really appreciate the reply, I guess I should have stated that the product "sold out" lights were off as they were when I first tested the machine. I feel the issue may be in the coin mech itself although I am not an expert. Again, I appreciate the response. Any help is appreciated.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:07:16 am »

A picture or model # of the coin mech you have may help others more knowledgable than me diagnose the issue. Many different models of coin mechs could be used in the VMC-256.
Is the second quarter returned to you or is it accepted into the coin box, but not registering a vend?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Fiasco

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 12:22:34 am »

On the first quarter nothing happens, however, on the second quarter the "use correct change" light will flash, but still no vend. The first few times I tried it, the "use correct change" light would turn off after the second quarter and it would vend fine. I will post pictures and model number in the morning. Thanks for the input!
Fiasco

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:30:27 pm »

Here are some hi rez images of the coin mech in question, the part number should be visible in the images.

http://i.imgur.com/Peyo0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/22g7B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SBLEs.jpg

Hope you guys can help.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 03:06:07 pm »

Coinco S75-9800B.  JohnieG is the Jedi Master of that coin mech.  I am sure he will ring in with his two cents!

drinking Tim drinking
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 03:07:32 pm »

If you pull the slug rejector out by pushing up the small tabs in the top left and right corners and tilting it forward, you should be able to see some white/red DIP switches inside.  What configuration are those in? That is what determines the amount that the machine takes.

A second area I have had issues with is the microswitch not recognizing coins all of the time.  In the middle of the mech, right below the clear plastic piece there is a plastic cover that is over a wire.  That is the trigger for the microswitch, and it trips when the quarter rolls down it.  If you pull the two screws out that hold the cover, one phillips and one flathead (both to the left of the cover), you can manually push down that wire to see if it is working correctly.

Last but not least, make sure that you have enough nickles in the tubes for change, that may be where your correct change only light was coming from.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:13:19 pm by tkaz » Logged

Fiasco

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »

Well I guys, I greatly appreciate the input, but, after a little brain storming I found the problem. Turns out it was a stuck drink solenoid. The reason the "exact change" light flashed after the second quarter is the solenoid that was stuck fooled it into thinking it immediately delivered a drink. Again, I greatly appreciate all of the help, I am sure i'll need more in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: