SMC Discussion Areas
June 23, 2024, 02:17:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage Wars  (Read 19001 times)
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Agree and speaking of crazy prices, here are the bottles from the show selling.............

http://www.darrellgambler.com/cocacola-various-bottles-and-crate-144-prd1.htm

For some reason his price reminds me of a 1970's song by Kenny Nolan called "I like dreaming"... not sure why... lol Cool

It's a sin to crush old tin...
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 03:57:52 pm »

But are people actually getting the prices they are asking? Once they are told the bottles are worth $$$ or they see something on TV, are they able to actually sell for those prices? If not, they are going to have to come down or sit on it. I think the problem will be (or is) when people are paying those prices like they were with the housing market a few years ago. That's when the market will be screwed up. If not, won't the prices just adjust?

What I notice is crazy prices and things that used to sell quickly now sitting on the market for ages because the seller actually believes his price is right and that everyone contacting him is lowballing him or just being cheap... after all, if they saw an "expert" saying it must be worth a ton of money, the expert MUST be right, right? Wink

What sellers DON'T seem to realize is that NOTHING is worth more than the market will bear... yes, once in a while the seller will encounter a buyer with more money than brains who just HAS to have his item, but with money as tight as it is I don't think there are many of those around any more... Sad

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 06:37:02 pm »

>> Personally, i'd like to  see the backlash when real experts chime in and   blow the lids of these shows. Once can dream...

I submitted a general concept for a real collectors show. Just missed cut-off for this season consideration.
There is interest but things seem to take a long time in TV production land. Why I do not know.
Any good news will get posted.

Creighton

flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »

Hey guys, Darrell the Gambler here.

Welcome to my new website. This is the spot for all things “Gambler.” We’ve got your “Gambler” T-shirts exclusively sold on my site. Stuff you see me discover in lockers on the show will be offered here.

If you see me find something you’ve just got to have, come check out the website. Keep checking in for all the new items we add, and for all the latest news follow me on Twitter at @darrellgambler.

So, buy my T-shirt, follow us on Twitter, and get up off the couch and buy a storage unit.
Pay your rent … or you might just see your stuff end up on my site.

flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:51 pm »

Case of 24 CocaCola Bottles. Various styles and some are rare / vintage. As seen on TV. These are very collectible, and some are very rare.

We had them professionally appraised at $600. Due to the fragile nature of the contents, Local Pickup ONLY!

flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 08:39:47 pm »

Oo  No comment.... glare
shale

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

I might send him and email and say I'm interested! I wonder if he'll meet me half way between CA and NY so I can get them from him tounge Can't pass up that deal!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:22:38 pm by shale » Logged

Cornelius Compact 50
Ideal 55 Slider
Westinghouse Standard (Early)
Westinghouse Standard (Late)
Westinghouse WE-6
Vendo Six Case
Glasco GBV-50
Flightfanatic
10 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 09:11:31 pm »

That's understandable to have them "professionally appraised", but it were up to me I would just double check the appraisers quote. These days there are so many other sources to find out pricing information.. How can he honestly just off of one "price quote" and expect to sell it without researching it any further..

I would have at least buffed up the bottles and cleaned them before putting them for sale. Doing that he might be able to get an extra dollar biggrin

Dixie Narco DNCB 240/138-6
Dixie Narco DNCB 320M/184-8
Lacrosse CCB-90-9
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse Master Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WC-96-T
Westinghouse WH-22-T
Ideal 35 Slider
FL Jacobs 35
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 10:15:39 pm »

That's understandable to have them "professionally appraised", but it were up to me I would just double check the appraisers quote. These days there are so many other sources to find out pricing information.. How can he honestly just off of one "price quote" and expect to sell it without researching it any further..

If you are ever in Nevada, I know of a pawn shop you could double check with. Ask for a person by the name of Chumlee.  lol

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
TrevsOldChevs

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 01:10:47 am »

At least that shop puts their money on the table and shows that at least to them an item IS worth that much! lol

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: