SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 02:27:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK OK, so I should have listened to you guys!  (Read 6673 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: December 21, 2011, 09:05:21 pm »

So, lesson learned...after spending days driving around to the big box stores trying to find some material suitable for making breaker strips, I came up empty.  So I finally called a local sign shop, and sure thing, they had exactly what I needed to make them up myself (very easy by the way).  The sign shop was great, and they let me know they have the corporate rights to make any coke logos that I need for some signs.

So here's my progress so far, I need to get the door liner done after a few final adjustments.  Six years in the making, finally have a decent looking machine.

Pat Pixley
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

Looks good so far  smile
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:15:06 pm »

Looks great, especially the way you took the before and after pictures of the machine in the same position.

Now for the bad news  oops

The white plastic looks killer but will not work as breaker strip. When the machine starts cooling, regular plastic will warp. I know this from experience as I did the same thing once. I ended up going to a plastic's supplier and told them that I needed a material that would hold up to extreme temperature variations. They ordered me in a sheet of what I recall was phenolic or something similar. It was a little harder to cut than the plastic but worked just fine as an insulating material.

By the way, your old breaker strip looks fine. Why don't you just paint it?

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:40:22 pm »

Good advice Glen, I think that was one area that I "should have listened to you", the material that they gave me was a phenolic, so hopefully it'll keep me going for a while.  I didn't realize the value of the breaker strips when I pulled them out, so they were all broken/lost in the garage at some point, I needed something new.  I can't imagine the new stuff is different than the old, but I guess I'll be eating my words once I guess the machine is done.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:53:41 pm »

Ok, great. When you mentioned sign shop, I assumed plastic. Can't imagine why they would need high temperature sign material though.
    Did it come in white or did you paint it? If it comes in colors I might order a sheet of white and one of red.  happydrinkers

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 11:05:00 pm »

ABS Plastic works just fine . I work with a plastic company and buy it by 4x8 sheet  and I have never had a problem smile
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 11:28:06 am »

So, lesson learned...after spending days driving around to the big box stores trying to find some material suitable for making breaker strips, I came up empty.  So I finally called a local sign shop, and sure thing, they had exactly what I needed to make them up myself (very easy by the way).  The sign shop was great, and they let me know they have the corporate rights to make any coke logos that I need for some signs.

So here's my progress so far, I need to get the door liner done after a few final adjustments.  Six years in the making, finally have a decent looking machine.

Nobody has the Corporate right to make Coke decals or signs. I am the ONLY one licenced to sell and have Coke decals made. The company that makes my decals have the manufacture licence with Coke thru me, and are only allowed to make them and sell them to me. So whoever is telling you they have a corporate right to make the decals are blowing smoke up your pipe.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Tay

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

sounds like the sign shop has some bootleg vector software

css-8-64g
uss-8-64
cavalier 125/225
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: