SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 11:25:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator VF 128  (Read 10394 times)
Robo02cop

« on: September 23, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »

Hey Guys,

I have picked up a craigslist find for $50 bucks.  I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, however my buddy is coming over monday and we plan on plugging it in and checking all the electronics and checking to make sure the cooling works!!  I was able to determine that the machine is a Vendorlator VF 128, however I have searched the internet high and low and can't seem to find any information on it or pictures of what it originally looked like.  I would eventually like to restore it back to original as someone has tried to paint it all black and put on vinal stickers.  Was hoping you guys could give me some information on what I have and where to look to get info and parts.  I need a new key/lock as the one that is on it will not turn.  Thanks for all your help and look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Thanks,

Shawn

rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:15 pm »

Hi and welcome,

I personally like the newer square top soda machine, Since I own one myself a Cavalier (USS-12-96), some here are die-hard round top only collectors but I say to each there own.  You may not find your exact model, but check some of the older models Vendorlator,  the mechanics may be similar. Good luck!

Here's a link to a pdf manual for a older 128 & more documents that may be helpful

http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/Serpentine%20128,%20192,%20256,%20384.pdf

http://www.vendoco.com/Documents.aspx?ID=14

Ray  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:54:10 pm by rayg » Logged

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53:08 pm »

congrats, looks like a nice smaller machine.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 06:47:37 am »

I believe your machine has the original paint scheme.

Glen
Robo02cop

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:48:58 am »

Moondawg its similar, but u can actually see the original colors underneath the black paint. It has the red, white, and light blue scheme under the black.

Rayg, thanks for the info. I actually wanted one of the Dixie baffled with the different size buttons, but 50 bucks was hard to pass up. I like the square machines, I am 30 so they remind me of when I was a kid!!!!

I will know more about my machines condition once I see what happens on Monday when we plug it in!!!

Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 12:11:28 pm »

Welcome aboard!!  I've only been a member of this site for a short few months and these guys have been a plethera of information and expertise.  Congrats on the new find.  As many on here will tell you and as I have experienced myself, once you catch this bug, it's difficult to slow down.  Before you know it, you'll have 2 or 3 machines!

Where are you located?

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Robo02cop

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »

I already have the bug.....unfortunately(or maybe for my wife fortunately) I don't have room in my current house for anymore big items.  Trust me though, once we move into a bigger house it is on like donkey kong!!!  I live in Florida, clearwater/tampa area!!
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 05:21:04 pm »

I suppose I've always had the "bug", but being the military I was never able to really get one as it was too difficult to keep moving around.  Now that I'm retired, I've now added 3 machines to the house, one of which I've just sold, but will get another one soon I'm sure.

Tampa, huh?  That's cool.  What sort of issues do you run into with rust?  If you're buying machines in your area, I would think that would be a big concern being on the coast and all.  I bet you can still find lots of cool machines there though!  I'm located in Austin, TX area, so if you need anything from this area, drop me a line!  Have fun and happy hunting.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »

I live in Florida, clearwater/tampa area!!
I live in the east coast in Stuart... I was just over in Clearwater last month...

My six cents,

Jim

Robo02cop

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:53:30 pm »

Ken you don't live far from my sister and brother in law. They live in the Round Rock area. In fact he is one of the new round rock park rangers. I will let u know if i ever need ya to check something out for me.

Jim when ya coming back this way? I am a complete newb, would love to have ya come school me on all things vending machine!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: