SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 11:46:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke, Gas Station & Collectable Auction (Confirmed!)  (Read 8343 times)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« on: September 08, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

Howdy All!
   Great news!  I had posted a couple weeks ago about a possible auction consignment.  Well....we were able to secure the consignment yesterday!!  I will post a few pictures on here, but when I get the bulk of the pics posted on our auction website, I will let you all know where to go to see all of them.  The auction will be taking place in October, date to be determined, but looks like maybe weekend of 8th or 15th of October.  Aside from the pics I get posted, if you're curious as to if there is anything we might have that is not pictured, please drop me a line and I will take a look to see if I have anything in the pictures not posted or if I recall seeing it at the gentleman's house.  Anyway, let me get busy trying to resize a few pics so that I can get them posted for you all.  Oh, we're also working on getting shipping plans figured out for the larger items, but if you have any recommendations, please let me know as shipping large items will be something new for us.  Thanks!

Ken

Pics posted soon, so keep checking back.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:24:24 pm »

Where is the Auction House located... what state are you in? Would attend if close...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 06:57:52 pm »

Eric,
   We are located in Jarrell, TX, which is about 35 miles north of Austin.

All,
   Here are a few pics.  I will keep posting in following posts since we can only do 4 pics at a time.  darn

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »

Few more pics...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 07:07:20 pm »

Some more...this Coke button sign is about 3 feet acoss and in near mint condition.  An original porcelain.  Almost all signs are original vintage and not reproductions.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 07:08:43 pm »

And some more...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:50 pm »

More...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:15:29 pm »

More pics....previous Bud neon light is about 4 feet long.  Forgot to mention that.  This RC sign is about 4 feet long also.  The Junior seen here is the more "rare" electricly cooled model.

This is last one for now.  If you guys want to see more, let me know if there's something specific that interests you and I'll post it.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 07:33:55 pm »

Keep us posted.

Vendo 81A
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »

That white button rocks. So does the other red button. Is this stuff for sale to us members first or just going to auction? If the prices are good I may be interested in the buttons and/or other signs. My Dad was a collector all of my life and now he lives in Southeast Asia and misses it all so much. HE has bought several signs and I have bought him a few signs and sent them to him. I got a 12" button for him from Joey years ago that he treasures! He also has two of every sign Eric has made one set for the house and one set for his office and I just got him a Dr Pepper door push for the main door of his office that I am sending him soon. He is responsible for making me who I am today so I love sending him these signs to enjoy. I miss living with him in Singapore. That was a fun 5 years traveling through Asia with him. He gave me a chance and made me the head of one of his companies with little to no experience and helped him take it from a $35,000 a year business to a $1.5 million dollar a year business in just under 5 years. (He was happy he took a chance :-)  )  He's a hard person to work for but a great Dad. I know he would love that white button.

By the way. Out of all of his stuff Eric's repop signs are his favorite. Eric you did a He!! of a job on those. You need to do more of them! I will buy two of all the signs you make. One set for me and one for my Dad. Your signs are the best reproductions on the market
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:45:41 pm by loman4ec » Logged
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

loman,
   Unfortunately, this is what we have on consignment to put up for auction.  I have many more pics, but didn't want to overload, plus it takes forever to go thru and resize them all to fit on here.  There are several things that I have not seen that will be up for auction as well, but we won't know what those things are until we are able to pick it up next week and bring it back to the auctionhouse.  I believe the plan is to go on Monday to pick up.  I wish I could just sell them to you guys, but that would be doing an injustice to our consignor.  My intention of letting you guys know about it is to share the opportunity to maybe pick up some pieces that you maybe didn't have or maybe one in better condition.  I would be doing you guys an injustice if I didn't share such an opportunity!
   There are several of the 12" button signs and even a couple that are smaller, but I think those are repros.  The super nice one, in my opinion is the huge one that's almost 3 feet across.  There are a couple Dr. P signs as seen with the white button.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Matt
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »

I'd be interested in a list of machines for sale.

Vendo 81A
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:37:58 pm »

Matt,
   The machines that I know are in this auction will be...

VMC-33, looks to have been restored/repainted as some point, but was a pretty good job and looks great.
Vendo 39, was told it was in all original condition, if so, it's in remarkable condition.
Ideal 55 Slider (double-dot...is there any other?), has been restored/repainted at an earlier date, but the lid has been pushed inward by having things on top of it, still looks great.
Westinghouse Junior (Electric Model), also has been repainted/restored and looks to be in excellent condition.
Westinghouse Master, unrestored condition and needs much work, but was a model that had a water fountain the center between the doors...rare???
Tom's Snack Machine, I do not know the exact model of this one, but looks to be completely original unrestored/repainted condition, in excellent condition.

There is also an extra Vendo 39 large door that has already been repainted.  Am told the small coin door is also there, but did not see it.  All machines listed above should have pics already posted except the two I just attached.  You can see the fountain mentioned on the Master, but it has fallen thru the center panel due to rust.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:48:09 pm »

I forgot to mention that the Pepsi slider is embossed, not just painted on.  Here's a close-up...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 10:28:15 pm »

Here are some really nice trays.  I think there is only one that is a repro, but do not recall which one it is, but most all are the real deal.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

All are newer (1970s to now) with the exception of the girl on the beach running that's a 1937 tray.
But even the 70s trays for Coke are picking up depending on the style... the Cokes will be dated under the
ridge (lip) to the left side I believe.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:32:33 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:03 pm »

Thanks for the information.  When I get them here next week, I will be sure to take a very close look at them.  We just sold one at auction on Monday for $225.  Attached is the one we just sold.  Did we do well or did we miss the mark on it?

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 10:44:31 pm »

looks like a little tip tray.. don't know that one off hand... but it's looks like the real deal to me... nice!
what was the size?

Eric

WANTED:
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52:08 pm »

What size is that first red button with the bottle, pictured above the Pegasus neon? It looks newer.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 10:52:59 pm »

It was not a tip tray, it was a large serving tray, around 18"x12"...give or take.  I was only able to find a single example on internet prior to sale.

Here are a couple pics of some coolers we'll have as well...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »

That first red button is about 12-14" across.  It is an older porcelain, not a painted one if I recall correctly.  Most of those the gentlman has are in remarkable condition.

A pic of the last cooler that I'm aware of right now...

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »

Just thought would pass along the date has been set for 14 and 15 October.  14th will be most all the Coke and coin-op stuff and the 15th will be gas and oil with the two cars being sold that day.  There are lots of other collectible antigues mixed in both dates.  I just started posting pics to the website and are most of what you guys have already seen.  I will be posting more next week after this Friday's auction is done.  Here's the website for those of you that are interested:

http://www.bigeagleauctions.com/schedule_IUXK.html

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything!!  Thanks for putting up with me!! Haha.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 09:36:20 pm »

Nice looking stuff.. the 39 machine and junior look nice and the Snackmaster litte cooler is a hard one to find... best of luck with the auction... wish I was down your way....

Eric

WANTED:
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:45 pm »

The auction will be posted for online bidding as well.  So most everything will be available to you guys too, for those that are interested.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:26 pm »

Just posted a lot more detailed pictures of several of the items up for auction on 14 October.  Mostly small items, although did get pics of the Junior, Master, and Tom's machines.  Lots of signs and toys posted.

Here's the site link:  http://www.bigeagleauctions.com/schedule_IUXK.html

Please let me know if you have any questions on any of the items posted.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: