SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 02:03:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 3398 times)
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« on: June 27, 2011, 11:31:44 am »

Hello all:

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for all of the information I've been able to pick up so far.  Just bought my first machine, a Vendo-63.   Probably overpaid, but it was in really good shape and most of the machines I have seen in the Northeast are generally pretty beat up either from outdoor use or being used at one of the many frat houses in the area.   At any rate I am looking forward to bring the machine to it's former glory and I wanted to ask if anyone knew where I could find a couple of parts.   1) the chrome bezel that goes around the bottle opener and 2)  a new serial # tag (or better yet a decal overlay for my existing.   the black paint has worn off, but the tag itself is still 100% legible.   Any info is appreciated, I'll post pics ASAP
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:34:27 am »

Welcome,  As for parts, check with Funtronics  and/or soda Jerk works. Both advertise here, and both should  have everything you need.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:05:20 pm »

Thanks Kilroy,

I've been both funtronics and Soda Jerk Works and neither has the bezel for the 63 and they have the serial # tag, But I don't have access to a stamp set, so trying to see if I can find an overlay decalthat would just refurb the one I have as the stamping is fine, just the printed lettering faded beyond recognition
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:35 pm »

Sorry but Ive been in this a long time and never seen a decal for the tag. You can buy a stamp set cheap. They probably have them at Harbor Freight. The only way I know is to buy a new blank tag.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:27 pm »

The staqmp sets run about$ 20.0 Yuo can recoup your  investment  by offering to stamp plates for people. jukeboxes, gas pumps, pop machines , candy machines, tractors, steam engines....

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:35 am »

Thanks to all for the info, I'll look into a stamp set and buy a tag, just seems a shame to create a new one when the original is still stamped so nicely.   Maybe I'll be able to pick up enough stamp work so I can put a down payment on my next machine.............
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 08:46:44 am »

if you dont want to stamp it, I take all my tags along with new reproduction ones to a local trophy shop and they engrave the old numbers onto the new tag for me.

I then put the new on on the machine and give the old  original to the machine owner..

John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: