SMC Discussion Areas
June 27, 2024, 07:35:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR DAVE Across the Pond.. Good deal on Vendo 81  (Read 7397 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: March 10, 2011, 01:45:39 pm »

Saw this listed and turns out it's on a London Craigslist Ad.. didn't even know craigslist was in London.. and not sure how far this is from you.. but looks to be a good deal on a Vendo 81b ?

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/clt/2226145942.html

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:10:15 pm »

Wow that is nice and a pretty good price considering its already in the UK and you don't have to ship it. Its about $1,400 USD give or take. In fact thats even cheap even if it were in the USA. I bet you could get it even cheaper if you have cash in hand. You could do some detail and could even make money. Be cautious in case its a scam!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:26:02 pm »

It has ypur name on it. Well if your name was "Drink Coca Cola"

i agree with Josh, I hope it's not a scam, no phone number or contacti nfo makes me leery

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:06:11 pm »

Looks like a good deal!  I have not run into many scams looking for machines but when I was trying to buy a small pick-up truck for my son--Holy Moley! I used to love the messages--I had to move to Houston so the truck is no longer in Michigan but we will ship it to you in a container so you can inspect it at no cost to you and you can pay for it through this secure system . . . . .

As Kid Rock says in the song "Wasting Time"--I was born at night but not last night baby!

drinking Tim drinking
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:24:39 pm »

Thanks chaps... Have e-mailed seller so keep your fingers crossed for me.. I have a feeling it
will end up being a scam but you just never know.

Dave
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:51:51 pm »

Fingers crossed here, Dave.
Good Luck!
Creighton
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »

Fingers crossed for you.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 07:12:08 pm »

Finger are crossed for you .
But I have one question for you Dave .   Does the wife know ?? oh oh oh help
and what will she have to say about this one   upside  Remember Flowers and candy and a nice  Dinner
goes a long way. biggrin.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 07:12:04 pm »

I would agree that it is infact a scam.
What the reply will be will go something like this:
"I am selling the machine for a friend of mine,.... I am in Italy for work, and will be for a while.  Send me your address, and I will ship the item... once I give you the shipping number, you can track it, and then Western Union the money to me..... BLAH BLAH BLAH

I ALMOST fell for a deal VERY similar to this last year, a 81 selling out of Alberta, for 1500.00
The guy gave me his name, and at the 11th hour to me sending him the cash, I thought I would Google his name,.... sure enough, that name popped up on scams after scams.

He even sent me a link to "Wal-Mart shipping" (never heard of wal-mart in the shipping business) where the site was just a cut n paste single link that he created to look real... but when u keyed in the tracking number, it said in transit.... keyed in another number that I made up.......... It was in transit... WHATEVER number i keyed in........ IN TRANSIT! lol

Well, I kept this guy strung along.. telling him I sent the $$$ gave HIM a bad Western Union number... really milked it.... then when I knew he knew that I knew.. I gave him a 3rd arse hole... and I never heard from him again

SO, based on that, this ad looks WAY too similar to the one I replied to. 
Let us know though

OUT

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:52:30 pm »

It was definately a scam. Never actually heard anything back.
In my e-mail I mentioned living near London and wanting to view That must have been enough to put the person off.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: