SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 02:22:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Craigslook shut down  (Read 7084 times)
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« on: October 17, 2010, 02:47:45 am »

I can't believe that Craigslist had Craigslook shut down tonight!   darn      censored   That site sure made it much easier to search ads without going to each city individually!  How frustrating...

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 08:11:06 am »

Try search tempest. Its the same thing. It used to be called craigssearch but they were sued and changed their name and started searching other sites too but you can choose what you want to search. It is a great tool!
RetroMe
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 08:39:17 am »

Craiglook has simply changed their website name. Try www.claz.org. Its the same site just a different name now Cool
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 01:24:43 pm »

Different name, but  a pop up gives this announcement

Craiglook.com has been shut down by demand of Craigslist.org

I have also complied with their request and have removed all RSS feeds and links to craigslist.org from the website.

I am extremely grateful to you all who kept the site running with your great ideas and feedback. I will try my best in reaching to Craigslist to see if there is a way for Craiglook to work out legal claims that they have pointed out.

If you have reached this site by mistake trying to go to Craigslist.org - please use the corresponding button below.

So CLaz.org WON'T search craigslist

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 01:33:14 pm »

http://www.searchtempest.com/ Is great! It searches craigslist. They were sued because they had "Craig" in their name so they changes it to searchtempest. It also searches ebay but I only use it for craigslist. I have found a lot this way. I don;t even go to craigslist anymore I just use searchtempest. There is no better way to search craigslist if you ask me.
Aron

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 06:43:52 pm »

I found Craig's Look to be quite a bit better than Search Tempest.  On Craig's Look, when you searched an item, it would give you all the results in one place with a picture preview just like E-Bay does.  Search Tempest just pulls up the Craig's List "format" for several different cities at once, with each city still segregated and no picture until you click on an item.  Craig's Look would also allow you to combine the "Antique" and "Collectible" category into one search -- at Search Tempest you have to search these two categories separately.  I really hope they figure out a way to do it legally, because Craig's Look was great.   
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 06:57:27 pm »

At least its there and better than nothing Smiley Its a heck of a lot better than searching on craigslist city by city. You would think that craigslist would get the picture and revise there searches themselves.
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 09:36:07 pm »

This is a bummer.  I logged on tonight to find out if anyone else had another alternative that they used.  Craigslook was a great tool. I never could quite figure out the Craigslist business model.  Why make it so cumbersome to search?  And why would they discourage other sites that are designed to bring traffic to their site?  You would think Craigslist would at least take the step of displaying a photo.  Heck, charge a dime to display a photo - drive some revenue, enhance your site, pull in more traffic.  Can't argue with their success so I guess it doesn't do any good to criticize from the sidelines, but this sure seems like a step backwards.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 06:23:52 am »

That really stinks. I liked Craiglook a lot. I originally used Search Tempest and when I found Craiglook, I nevver looked back!

I guess the botom line is use what's available!

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:24:27 am »

Search tempest shows a photo for me. It is a new function but in the past two months or so it shows a photo in the search. You have to click a box to show photos.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: