SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 06:19:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still looking for the lighted sign panel for a CS-148-C  (Read 2036 times)
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« on: October 14, 2010, 10:26:15 pm »

I'm still looking for the lighted sign panel for my Cavalier Cs-148-C machine. Someone used the original one for a bb target and therefore it's in 4 pieces now......anybody got one??

Thanks
Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 11:14:07 pm »

Steve,

Finding an original I am sorry to say may be extremely difficult. If you take the sign to a vinyl sign shop most will make a new one for you. The best trick for doing this is instead of just putting a vinyl sign on a piece of white plexiglass you have them make the vinyl sign and put it on a thin piece of white plexiglass and then put a thin piece of clear plexiglass in front. It makes it look like it is silkscreened like the original. Some places wont do it because of copywrite issues but I have found that if you tell them that you are using this on an antique vending machine and you are using it for personal use most places will do it. As long as you are not selling the sign and since it is replacing an original sign that was destroyed there is nothing illegal about it. I have done several this way and it looks great. If you have problems you are welcome to send the sign to me and I will take it to my place and have them make it and send the sign to you. However you won't have a problem having someone local make it for you. I attached a pic of one done this way. I can't take credit for this one as Curtis made this sign for me but you get the picture. It looked fantastic! And it did not look like a repop vinyl sign at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: