SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 10:11:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone know ebay name Restorick???  (Read 42887 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:19 am »

"Do you know who I am!!!!"  What a joke!  He is really full of himself and his little 15 seconds that he gets on Pawn Stars!

Processing hundreds of thousands through Pay Pal and they freeze his account???
Not very likely based on the fees that they collect on each one of those transactions.

If I were you, I would send the check back to him via certified mail with return receipt requested.  He did not close in accordance with the E-bay deal that he signed up for so you should be in the clear to re-sell the cooler.  You could include in your listing that this cooler was once "almost owned" by Resto Rick from Pawn Stars! biggrin Cool laugh  Just kidding but I could not resist!

My two cents anyway!

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 12:02:05 pm »

He said he is sorry that I didn't get my Money in time but he has been shooting for TV every day for the past several weeks and hasn't had time to check emails or ebay in weeks and hasn't been worried about little payments like this.

He had time to browse eBay and bid!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 12:11:16 pm »

Man's a to**er. Give him his cheque back and re-list it.

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 12:51:07 pm »

You should have said, "Yeah, I know who you are. You are the miracle worker who turned that Vendo machine into a Cavalier!"

Not being worried about small payments basically means, "I'm not worried about little guys like you".

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:39 pm »

This is the last message that I sent to him. I wonder what he will say  biggrin

Rick,

When did you send the check and how did you send it? To answer your question on the phone yes I know who you are. Your the guy that converted a Vendo 39 into a cavalier 72. I never thought that was possible or at least never saw anyone do that before. Smiley

You hung up on the phone before I could explain. I do not accept checks as there are too many scammers out there and paypal is the only payment method approved with ebay and the only method with protection. I will not wait for the check past Monday. That gave you 18 days to pay when you agreed to pay within 3 days. If it is longer than that I will send it back to you. If the check is here by then I will deposit the check and hold it until it clears which can take up to three weeks. If it clears earlier I will let you know. Once it clears you are welcome to pick it up at any time for a two week window. Once the payment has cleared I need the machine picked up within two weeks.

Best Regards

Josh
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 02:03:15 pm »

What a timeless statment! "Do you know who I am". Unless you have real clout, stature, position or rank, that statement is a defensive mechanism of a person that perceives themselves to be larger than they really are.

I just hope that this works out in your favor in the end, Josh.  biggrin

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 02:22:19 pm »

Well he just sent me an email and they sent the check by standard post yesterday from Las Vegas to Cincinnati. I told him specifically when he called that I wanted it by Monday the 23rd at the latest and he sends it standard mail?Huh? I would at least send it priority. And who would send a cashiers  check through standard mail? Wouldn't you think you would at least want delivery confirmation?

What would you all do? I think I want to send his check back and resell it on ebay. At this point even if I make less money I would rather resell it. What would you all do. What a screwed up mess this is! I spoke to ebay and they said I have the right to refuse the payment and resell it since he both violated my requirements plainly stated in the auction and he is paying via check which is against ebay policy.
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 02:26:15 pm »

Ebay is on your side and you have done nothing wrong on this transaction. I'd just back out of this whole mess and re-sell it. You should block Restorick from bidding on any more of your eBay stuff.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:44 pm »

He's in Vegas and you're in SW Ohio. Mapquest says it is 1,971 miles between the two. If it is more hassle than it is worth, and you aren't comfortable with how it has all gone down, send the check back and keep the chest.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2010, 02:54:19 pm »

Honestly, I think this is getting blown out of proportion.. Yeah, $400 is a lot of money to you and I, but not worth the guy to destroy his reputation over. It is soo easy with the internet to trash someone if they screw you over, especially if they are of his fame smile I don't think the guy is dumb enough to bounce or cancel a check to steal a $400 machine. If its a cashiers check, I'd deposit it and let the machine go. Yes, the communication was bad and not following the paypal rule is wrong.. So the guy is cocky, arrogant, stupid, whatever... I don't think I'd let that get in the way...

Maybe its just that I haven't been screwed over yet... YMMV

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: