SMC Discussion Areas
July 08, 2024, 08:07:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT-- Dirtbikes  (Read 7135 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: June 15, 2010, 06:05:33 am »

I just picked up a dirtbike for my kids (and me of course!). Its a 97 Yamaha RT100. I need some parts for it, but having trouble finding what I need on ebay.. Looking for some other places for used parts. Terry.. I know its a bit new for you, but where do you find older bike parts? I am in need of a complete exhaust system for starters...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:07:42 pm »

A buddy of mine used to race dirtbikes and always working on them.  He would go down and make friends with the service manager at the place that sold and serviced Honda's, yamahama, etc...  Buy that guy a case a beer and get mass discounts on the parts they would pull off when people would buy bikes new and get aftermarket stuff and they didn't care enough to keep the one that was still good.  Craigslist is also decent.  I found my pit bike on there, but if its local you don't have to pay shipping.  that or see if you can findone someone is parting out, and in turn create another procject!!!!  Good luck on getting it going they are a lot of fun, I managed keep mine on 2 wheels for a whole 5 minutes before i dumped.  note: you can still get road rash from dirt tracks.

GO OR GO HOME!!!

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:39:58 pm »

I'm more into 4 wheelers..  We've got 4 of those... my kids decided they wanted to try a bike.. from what I've been reading and talking with a few people, this wasn't a popular bike and not one people really rebuild. Other than brake shoes and kick start levers, ebay has been pretty useless. There is one exhaust system up there, but it doesn't look complete. I'm looking forward to the challenge to make it run.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:52:38 pm »

Maybe this guy will work a deal with you:  http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/1696307843.html

RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:03 pm »

Nice, the crash it and trash it bike.  I wish you well in bringing it back.  If not part yours out on ebay for the guy thats in the same boat but has exhaust.

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 09:00:04 pm »

Not a real popular model motorcycle. There's not much of anything out there aftermarket. eBay is best bet for used parts. You should think about selling it and finding a TTR125 or XR100
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:39 pm »

Maybe this guy will work a deal with you:  http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/1696307843.html

Wow... thats pretty impressive... I think I'll shoot him an email...

Marvin.. I've heard the same thing... I'd like to find the ttr because I really wanted a 4-stroke for their first bike, but more like a PW50. I've got 11 & 12 year old boys that have never experienced a clutch.. I heard this bike it tame enough to be a good starter bike, and it hasn't cost a thing "yet". 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:42:39 pm by bubba » Logged

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:18:59 am »

Bubba,
Just ran across this post. Let me see if I can find one.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 12:52:07 pm »

That would be awesome Terry... I sent the guy in Atlanta an email and never heard back. There is a guy on ebay with 1/2 the system, but haven't found much else so far..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 10:58:36 am »

Bubba,
You might also want to poat a "wanted" ad on marks cycle swapmeet page. This is where you'll get best results.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: