SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:52:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look what I got...  (Read 22648 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 11:51:23 pm »

I'm looking for one as well. let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,
Ray
I will be sure to let you know. If you are looking for one you should call the closest drive-ins to you and see if they have any and then if they do ask them if they would be willing to ship it to you if you pay the shipping if it is too far away for you to drive. Thats what I did. I'm also thinking of sending them a picture of the speakers when I get them mounted on a pole and everything. I know they would like to see that. I also am going to put a little tag or something like that in both speaker housings and in the junction box telling where they were from so that years from now I will still remember where they came from.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:14 pm »

I did it I got them to work! I replaced the cords and speakers and they work great. Hooked them up to the stereo to test them and they sound awesome! I had to put the Back to the Future CD in to test them. I bet it has been a really long time since that music has been through those speakers. Also the origional speakers were not that bad. One of them was a newer one and it was shot but the other one was the older style that has been discontinued for a long time and even had a hole in the paper sounds as good as the new ones I bought. I almost did not want to replace it but I am keeping it as a spare.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

This little speaker was still going strong even though it is in such bad shape. I did replace it but I am really surprised it was still going.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:01 pm »

What do you guys think about making a base out of an old car rim? I can't find any of those poles I posted earlier so I thought that this might work. All I need to do is weld a pole to the center and it should work. Anyone ever try this?
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2010, 06:18:50 am »

you could, I've also seen patio umbrella bases used. 
The car rim may be a little bulky

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 09:41:10 pm »

I have also used farming disks. But you can get a stand for a gumball machine on ebay
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:24 pm »

Yeah but I am trying to keep the cost down and thats why I thought about the rim idea. (I all ready spent way more than I should have on the parts from the manufacturer)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 11:40:50 pm »

Well I contacted a local welding company about making a base. I designed something today and sent them the drawings to see if they could tell me how much it would cost for them to make one. Basically it is a square piece of steel with a 2" diameter pipe welded to the center.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 11:45:34 pm »

I found a demolition company who is selling steel for 30 cents per pound and I contacted them and they said they have all the stuff I need and they can even do the welding for me. I got a quote from the welding place before and they wanted over 150 dollars for 1 stand. I think I am going to go with the demolition company. biggrin
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 05:32:38 am »

I hope you didn't toss  the  speaker, there are shops theay can recone/resotre it. I'm sure you will find other speakers   

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: